NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks 5x10

I know when I'm on the fence about a figure or waiting for mine I use other collectors pictures as fuel so I'm just doing my part lol

I inserted the wire into the cape but now that you mention it, wrapping it behind the cape would have worked as well. I'll have to remember that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick wire job for the cape.
a46edc85a3546b6d115f66c21ca8b956.jpg

man this is a stunning $80 action figure.

Quick wire job for the cape.
a46edc85a3546b6d115f66c21ca8b956.jpg

b5a682c99fce2209b16a71865fa36fa3.jpg

017f7e26af6fe15a6b9e1cd417a27fe1.jpg

626ccf0af972f4f0cd764767b1b005cc.jpg

Dude! Awesome job. I can not tell you how much better that makes him look. I still can not believe I scored him for 80.00 shipped. Friday can not come fast enough for me when he gets here. Awesome pics. Sad an 80.00 figure better than a 429.99 pf one.

Was it easy to put wire in and what thickness or kind of wire did you use? Again, awesome job and thanks for posting pics Royce12! Have not been thus excited for a figure in while.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Putting the wire in the cape was very easy. I inserted the wire between the stitching along the bottom of the cape. It's a very big cape so I didn't actually wire the entire length of the cape.. Just one side. And I could not find the actually wire that I bought from Michaels so I took one of the plastic twisty wires that NECA uses in their packaging to secure the figure. It's thick enough to hold the weight of the cape and worked great for me.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Putting the wire in the cape was very easy. I inserted the wire between the stitching along the bottom of the cape. It's a very big cape so I didn't actually wire the entire length of the cape.. Just one side. And I could not find the actually wire that I bought from Michaels so I took one of the plastic twisty wires that NECA uses in their packaging to secure the figure. It's thick enough to hold the weight of the cape and worked great for me.

Thanks for letting us know how you did it. Best pics of him yet. Can not believe that putting the wire in it to pose cape would make such a huge difference. I salute you my friend. Awesome job again.

I took a few photos today. I really like this figure.

Picture20006_zps3gxvxzhq.jpg

Kingdom Come
Picture20008_zpsyksvjy0s.jpg

Flying Pose

Picture20009_zpslhovju1e.jpg

Is there any chance that Zod will be made in the future?
I love playing with this figure. I am looking for the right gauge wire now to wire the cape as well.

Totally worth it imo, has great shelf presence, some low grade pics

My 1/4 scale shelf

With the rubber body that this figure has I can easily see NECA able to do the batman begins costume. With the shoulder and elbow joint as the most visible, yet easily hidden under the cape. I am now very excited to see that piece done. Once that comes out I can pair up my MOS with it, Reeve with 89 bats and maybe someday they'll do a Reeves version to match my West Batman.

Nice shots 5x10. I wonder what that 1/4 collection will look like in a couple of years.

Nice shots 5x10. I wonder what that 1/4 collection will look like in a couple of years.

I heard Neca has a unmasked 1/4 robo, if it looks good I'm in
Happy to report that this superman is a tall 1/4 fig, just like the actor

I'm going to copy your wire idea, still have the packaging wires, thanks for the idea

Hey I watched your video review yesterday. Very well done. I was thinking that for someone like yourself who clearly loves the character and has a nice collection to give it such high marks speaks volumes about the figure.

I was a bit worried by some aspects of this piece, but there's nothing like seeing in hand photos you guys have posted - looks awesome. Here's an in hand video, looks really good. WELL DONE NECA! Sorry I doubted you :clap

Nice video!
I will say he does stand well on his own, very sturdy
Getting this for $100 makes this figure all the sweeter imo, especially when compared to 1/4 eb and ht which cost 4-5x the amt

I was a bit worried by some aspects of this piece, but there's nothing like seeing in hand photos you guys have posted - looks awesome. Here's an in hand video, looks really good. WELL DONE NECA! Sorry I doubted you :clap

I thought I could not be more impressed with him until I watched your video. Neca simply nailed it. What a grand slam for Neca. Thank you for taking the time to do video. This will def be in my top 10 favorite figures. Friday get here already! Hurry up UPS, I want him now!

I thought I could not be more impressed with him until I watched your video. Neca simply nailed it. What a grand slam for Neca. Thank you for taking the time to do video. This will def be in my top 10 favorite figures. Friday get here already! Hurry up UPS, I want him now!

Hi. Can you tell me where you got the George Reeves figure.
Ta.

Back