NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Walsh is out as Knicks GM.

I'm saying it right now(as I've stated before), if Isiah is brought back, my 23 years of fandom with the Knicks franchise will be over.

Word is, chances are good he comes back, just not as a head coach. Do you mean if he comes back in general? I guess you can root for the NY Nets when they move there :dunno

Terrible comparison

Cleveland vs Chicago?

Pippen vs ..... toss in flavor of the year

Compare apples to apples

I agree, what was Lebron supposed to do, get on his knees and beg management to get him some talent. Cle was lucky he signed that 3 yr extension to begin with, and who did they ever sign in those 3 years, Shaq and Jamison...........give me a break. I guess he could have cried like that biznitch Melo to get out of town :rolleyes2.

Truth be told I pick one player from todays litter its lebron as pick number 1. Usually when a player recieves so much hate is because he's a bad ass. Saw it first hand w. Kobe. With that said GO MAVS..

I would be tempted to go with Howard. I agree that Lebron is the best in the leauge, but I think it's easier to build around a dominant center, who does it on both ends. Lebron also does it on both ends and is the only guy in the league that can guard all 5 positions, but it pisses me off that he doesn't play aggressive all the time. If Lebron ever gets a post game, he will be impossible to guard and a guy with a post game is the biggest hole for the Heat this year.

I'm here. Last night Heat fell asleep. They lost it. Dallas did NOT win it.

Are you ____ing serious right now!?! after all those Mavs turnovers and free points to your heat you're not going to give them credit for that comeback? You really are what makes people hate the Heat and their fans! :cuckoo:

Dude, you're a Suns fan, dont get me started on comparing choke jobs. Your whole franchise is a joke from your cuckold star player to your president and CEO, LMAO!!!! Must SUCK to be a Suns fan, that's why you're coattailing the Mavs now :lol

Im a Nash, Dirk, and Hill fan. Have been since they started. Since I live in a state without any pro teams, I have no life long allegiance to a team so trying to diss me by calling me a Suns fan is wasting your breath.

PS: how are your choke-master spurs doing? Still choking? Is Tony Parker still ____ing his team-mates' wives? how's that for a cuckold you hypocrite? Oh, thought i forgot about THAT ONE didnt you? :lol

Im a Nash, Dirk, and Hill fan. Have been since they started. Since I live in a state without any pro teams, I have no life long allegiance to a team so trying to diss me by calling me a Suns fan is wasting your breath.

PS: how are your choke-master spurs doing? Still choking? Is Tony Parker still ____ing his team-mates' wives? how's that for a cuckold you hypocrite? Oh, thought i forgot about THAT ONE didnt you? :lol

Um what? I never heard that about Parker, care to elaborate? The spurs didn't choke, they just got beat. I think there is a difference.

Internet tough guy. :lol

We should be use to his antics by now, I dont take anything he says seriously. Like Nash, he's just starved for attention and offers no real insight or substance. I only respond to them because I like toying with them.

Ever? As of this moment? Wow.

I got:

1. Russell
2. Chamberlain
3. Jordan
4. Jabbar
5. Johnson

Maybe when it's all said and done. But as of right now, I'm not even putting James in the top 10. Needs more on his resume.

Man, no way in heck can you put Jordan #3.

1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. The Big O
4. Magic
5. Bird

Good lists. I try and stay away from the players Ive never seen play because they are hard to judge imo because all we got are stats and second hand stories.

The top 5 I've ever seen are:

1. MJ
  2. Magic
  3. Bird
  4. Kobe
  5. Toss Up (Cant decide): Duncan or Olajuwon

You're super naive if you dont think what TP did, doesnt happen on every team. But cuckold Nash? ::priceless:: :lol Your CEO? ::priceless You just cant make this stuff up! :lol And if thats really your 3 favorite players, you got problems :lol You're such an effing jinx, thank god you're not a Spurs fan, we wouldve never won anything :rotfl:rotfl

Um what? I never heard that about Parker, care to elaborate? The spurs didn't choke, they just got beat. I think there is a difference.

He's referring to the TP and Brent Barry controversy, hence Barry conspicuously and unceremoniously leaving the Spurs...

The reason I toss older guys in is due to watching games on ESPN classic. Gives you at least an idea of how good they were plus then you can use the other factors.

Terrible comparison

Cleveland vs Chicago?

Pippen vs ..... toss in flavor of the year

Compare apples to apples

What you want a list of players who played under similar conditions as LeBron? Well since you're not trolling this time Ill attempt to answer your question. I dont know what your criteria is for "apples to apples" but Im assuming you want the same conditions as LeBron:

Players who played for their original team for 7 years (like LeBron did) who did not win a championship in those first 7 years (like LeBron) who are hall of famers or will be in the HOF but did not have a hall of famer by his side (like LeBron didnt have but MJ did hence your apples to apples comment) and who did not bail on their team until VERY LATE in their career, if at all.

Here's 9 that I thought of off the top of my head.

Ewing
Olajuwon
David Robinson
Garnett
Gary Payton
Drexler
Dominque Wilkins
Reggie Miller
Paul Pierce

The reason I toss older guys in is due to watching games on ESPN classic. Gives you at least an idea of how good they were plus then you can use the other factors.

You bring up a good point. But I wonder how well some of those older players would fair in a much more athletic and talented environment. I dont know if guys like Russell, Wilt, Oscar Robertson, West would do now. They may still be very succesful but its just too hard for me to compare. Its like judging players from baseball's "dead ball" and segregated era. Or NFL's "leather helmet" era. Its like a different sport.

You bring up a good point. But I wonder how well some of those older players would fair in a much more athletic and talented environment. I dont know if guys like Russell, Wilt, Oscar Robertson, West would do now. They may still be very succesful but its just too hard for me to compare. Its like judging players from baseball's "dead ball" and segregated era. Or NFL's "leather helmet" era. Its like a different sport.

I've wondered that myself. How would the rules of today and style do with some of these older guys. I also wonder how much better would Jordan's numbers be if they had the rules they do today. Its scary to think they would be even better. Its fun to think about.

Good lists. I try and stay away from the players Ive never seen play because they are hard to judge imo because all we got are stats and second hand stories.

The top 5 I've ever seen are:

1. MJ
  2. Magic
  3. Bird
  4. Kobe
  5. Toss Up (Cant decide): Duncan or Olajuwon

If I were to go by the players I've seen play, then that ^^^^^^ would be a damn fine list. Barkley, Drexler, Ewing, Shaq, Thomas would round out the 10 for me.

If I were to go by the players I've seen play, then that ^^^^^^ would be a damn fine list. Barkley, Drexler, Ewing, Shaq, Thomas would round out the 10 for me.

:goodpost:

That would round out my top 10 too. I might put Mailman ahead of Drexler but you cant go wrong with either.

Gotta agree w/ that list.. olajuwon over duncan because of that awesome shake and bake

Yes, that and I think he was more dominant on the defensive end. Duncan was no slouch but you cant ignore Olajuwon's 2x defensive player of the year & all-time leader in blocks. He was also a great passer and had an unstoppable fadeaway among his other obvious skills.

also when russel played there were 6 teams and 2 of em were really any good w/ a bunch of unatletic white guys. hard to compare him w/ the modern NBA player

Exactly, guys like Russell, Wilt, Mikan, Cousey, all those guys dominated a different era. Like you said, 6 teams, 6'8" unathletic centers, of course HOFs are gonna dominate. Thats why I seperate the two. Its like comparing an 80's macintosh to an Ipad...

For some reason this doesn't ring a bell to me at all

Edit-okay googled it, whatevers, haha

lol,yeah pretty funny, huh. Its really odd, the it kinda flew under the radar, the media never really covered it all. Thats why I wonder how accurate the story is because it would seem like the media wouldve been all over it.

Back