NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we stop the "all Lakers fans say this or do that" crap. I never said any of the above about Parker and if I did I wouldn't make the argument i made. Still haven't been told who the third HOF player on those Lakers teams were though, but that's the point of the Triangle offense. You have two key players and the rest are role players who do their job well enough - kind of like the system in San Antonio.:peace

Fine. MOST Laker fans dissed TP enough through out the years to make it laughable now that they claim he is a hof lock. Feel better? :lol

And I don't know why I should have to come up with a 3rd hof for the Lakers when I never made any such claim. Sorry, dude.

So this comment, which started the "discussion", was in your opinion, huh? Your expert "opinion" of some experts, of which you then proceeded to back up with more expertly opinions?

Just wanna make sure I got it straight. :lol

Wrong again. If anything you are consistent in the way of inaccuracies. The comment that started this discussion was started by myself and then Josh rebutted. I was just stating that the people who vote for coach of the year has apparently recognized the fact that Phil has a stacked team otherwise why else has he not been awarded more awards? Riddle me that.

i mean, i wasn't comparing beno to pau...i was laughing at the thought of you wanting every spare ass spur in the HOF but then having to really take a second to think about tony parker. just the mental image alone provides me with so many laughs.

maybe this relationship just isn't meant to be after all, jstep. i have no idea how to quit you so i am all ears to any suggestions you might have.

When I did ever say that I want every "spare as spur" in the hof? :slap

:lol sometimes when someone is just unreceptive you just have to let go. I know it's hard but you'll be better off in the long run.

you are right...we're just not the match that i thought we were. i think it's time to end our relationship so we can stop being held back by each other. i need to grow, and jstep needs to begin a journey that hopefully ends with the discovery of a sense of humor. i wish you the best, jstep. i really thought you were the one.

with that out of the way.......

1 more game in our title defense!

i didn't see that one coming. i thought for sure we would get a win coming back home. i'm not sure how we can play them so tough in OKC and then lay a complete egg in a must win game at home. i mean, i never expected the mavs to win this series but i thought they might take it to 6 or 7 games.

Last edited:
Wrong again. If anything you are consistent in the way of inaccuracies. The comment that started this discussion was started by myself and then Josh rebutted. I was just stating that the people who vote for coach of the year has apparently recognized the fact that Phil has a stacked team otherwise why else has he not been awarded more awards? Riddle me that.

:wave

ani-wonder_deflection.gif

Fine. MOST Laker fans dissed TP enough through out the years to make it laughable now that they claim he is a hof lock. Feel better? :lol

And I don't know why I should have to come up with a 3rd hof for the Lakers when I never made any such claim. Sorry, dude.

:lol Sheesh, talk about not getting it. You keep claiming that Phil Jackson had a stacked deck yet I don't see it being anymore stacked than what SA has been dealing with in terms of championship teams, and that's two HOF players and the rest are role players who do their jobs. This is why I keep asking you to show me this stacked deck. I doubt that Genobli will not make it into the HOF so in actuality they have 3 potential HOF players on their team right now........:stick

:lol Sheesh, talk about not getting it. You keep claiming that Phil Jackson had a stacked deck yet I don't see it being anymore stacked than what SA has been dealing with in terms of championship teams, and that's two HOF players and the rest are role players who do their jobs. This is why I keep asking you to show me this stacked deck. I doubt that Genobli will not make it into the HOF so in actuality they have 3 potential HOF players on their team right now........:stick

I don't see why it's so difficult to understand a simple concept of:

90's CHI: MJ, Pippen, Rodman
Early 00's LA: Shaq, Kobe
Late 00's LA: Kobe, Pau (I'm not even mentioning having Odom and Bynum as well)

>

Early 00's SA: Admiral, TD
Later 00's SA:TD

Therefore, 5 hof > 2 hof

Is that simple enough for you? Both teams had their role players but obviously the deck is heavily stacked in PJ's favor. And if TP and/or Manu somehow make it to the hof, I may amend my feelings but until then, I seriously don't think they are hofs...

I don't see why it's so difficult to understand a simple concept of:

90's CHI: MJ, Pippen, Rodman
Early 00's LA: Shaq, Kobe
Late 00's LA: Kobe, Pau (I'm not even mentioning having Odom and Bynum as well)

>

Early 00's SA: Admiral, TD
Later 00's SA:TD

Therefore, 5 hof > 2 hof

Is that simple enough for you? Both teams had their role players but obviously the deck is heavily stacked in PJ's favor. And if TP and/or Manu somehow make it to the hof, I may amend my feelings but until then, I seriously don't think they are hofs...

how in the eff are you seriously going to put in that youre gracefully not mentioning LO or Bynum and then completely disregard TP or Manu?!?! Or that you also forgot to mention that phil had a full 10 extra years that you gave him that pops didnt have?? the way you play it, i may as well assume that pop will have at least 3 HOF's in the next 10 years! isnt that how were playing?

Back