NBA Playoffs '08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
celtics016372877fu5.jpg

The ^^^^ing officiating crew for tonights game should be FIRED after a game like this. 35-10 Free throws, that's absolute bull^^^^.

Giving a sorry ass no name like Powe 12+ free throws? It's almost like the refs new they were running that story at the half and wanted to give him more TV time.

^^^^ Boston, ^^^^ the drama queen Paul Pierce and the ^^^^in' refs.

To me it looked like Boston was attacking the basket and the lakers were just settling for jump shots. It's hard to get calls and go to the line when you don't drive the lane. I say that as someone who wants the C's to win, but I am not really a "fan". It's a pretty impartial observation.

Bring out the Waambulance

Like I said at halftime, get to the hoop if you wanna ^^^^^ about foul shots. Powe was getting to the line because the Celts kept dumping the ball in down low and the Lakers WERE fouling him. Gasol was the only Laker to be in the paint the whole night and he got a ton of great looks and easy lay ups that the Celts conceded by not fouling and giving him a +1 situation.

The refs called a very inconsistent game with bad fouls on both sides. Get over it. All the Celts have done is hold onto home court, nothing more. The Lakers WILL win game 3 but the Celts have to steal at least one in LA because the Lakers will do so in Boston.

Bring out the Waambulance

Like I said at halftime, get to the hoop if you wanna ^^^^^ about foul shots. Powe was getting to the line because the Celts kept dumping the ball in down low and the Lakers WERE fouling him. Gasol was the only Laker to be in the paint the whole night and he got a ton of great looks and easy lay ups that the Celts conceded by not fouling and giving him a +1 situation.

The refs called a very inconsistent game with bad fouls on both sides. Get over it. All the Celts have done is hold onto home court, nothing more. The Lakers WILL win game 3 but the Celts have to steal at least one in LA because the Lakers will do so in Boston.

That's pretty much how I saw the game too. I am no HUGE NBA fan, but I ued to watch a lot so I know how to follow that game/calls. I didn't see many Lakers drive to the basket at all most of the night. The Celtics seemed to be doing exactly that and getting calls for the effort.

There were some bad calls on both sides, but the Lakers fans should not be blaming the refs for this loss IMO. They should blame the Lakers for not attacking the basket nearly enough.

Being a fan since I moved to MA over 9 years ago for all the teams... yes I love sports bigtime... I am already used to people hating the Patriots for winning, or the Red Sox... or Celtics or Bruins... last year we had the worst year in the NBA... this year we had the biggest turn around ever. All I have to say is...

GOOOOOOOO CELTICS

We deserve to win all the way. :D:D:D

While the Lakers didn't go to the rim as much as Boston did anytime there is that much of a difference in FT's the refs are playing too much into the game. At least from a coaching POV to me the refs couldn't find a balance on both sides of the floor. The funny thing about referees is they can me tugged your direction pretty easily and Boston has the right people to do this with Rivers, KG, Allen, and Pierce. Now, The lakers do as well but its @ Boston which makes it harder for them.

Having said all this the Lakers need to pound the ball inside by any means necessary. They're too good to not attack that way. Also in the end they need to make more shots and play better D. LA shouldn't use the refs as an excuse they need to look in the mirror and say we could have played better D, shot better, execute better, attack more, etc. Both these teams are too good to make excuses.

Boston is a hard place to win.. As is LA.. They took care of their court.. We almost stole that last one..

They certainly got a home court advantage in terms of foul calls.. I'm sure we will get the same at our place..

We need to do our job and win on our court, like they did, then go back there and steal one..

Boston is a hard place to win.. As is LA.. They took care of their court.. We almost stole that last one..

They certainly got a home court advantage in terms of foul calls.. I'm sure we will get the same at our place..

We need to do our job and win on our court, like they did, then go back there and steal one..

If we do not steal one first ;) :D

I just talked to my dad, who is not a Laker fan, and he is convinced the refs are crooked.. LOL.

I wouldn't go that far, yet there sure seems to be a pattern of strongly biased home court calls during these playoffs..

So We all know Kobe Will cry like a little ^^^^^ when he loses, I wonder if the other Lakers will too? Hmmmm. Too bad I'm leaving for my Road Trip tonight, will most likely miss Boston put them away.

Back