Narnia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viking28 said:
I'm more incline to think the Oscar 11/11 sweep was more for all 3 films than just ROTK. Best editing for ROTK? hmmmm

But we will see if it does it does if it dont it dont no big deal to me I just can't wait to see Kong to take on 3 Rexs! And I hope Jackson gets the award if its as good as everyone is saying.

It may have been for all three but ROTK gets all the credit. :D I had no problems with the editing of ROTK but I'm not an editing major.

Yeah, I know what they showed at SDCC in that scene was pretty freaking sweet!! I'll be rooting for PJ all the way I think the man has an eye and vision not seen in a long time.

Viking28 said:
O yea J, you causing trouble in other forums????:rolleyes:

I guess. I got called on the carpet for just saying I didn't think it was fair that no deals people see in other shops could be talked about. Unlike here where we are allowed to say what we see. If that's bad or wrong then I'm a bad guy. :rolleyes:

Kong crush Narnia - Yes

Kong crush LOTR - Nope

Just not as "epic" or "grand" a story.

That said, it'll still be HUGE, and I can't wait to see it.

JS :D

JSAuctionService said:
Kong crush LOTR - Nope

Just not as "epic" or "grand" a story.

That said, it'll still be HUGE, and I can't wait to see it.

JS :D

Its kind of hard to say that when you havent seen the movie yet, believe me I love the LOTR triology but I could never say another movie couldnt be just as grand or huge of a story.
But to be honest its kind of funny to sit here and say this is going to crush this movie or this movie is going to crush that movie.

I saw Narnia on opening day, having just recently read the books for the first time and was amazed at how close the movie was to the books. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough character development and no one who hadn't read the books knew who Digory was, and it would be kind of confusing to those that are not familiar with the story. However, that said, I loved the movie! Jadis was unbelievably good in it. Whe was just so evil, without being clothed in black and carrying a broom. :) I thought the kids were perfectly cast, in fact, there was only one weak character in the whole movie IMO, and that was Aslan. He jsut wasn't enough. He needed to be larger and more majestic. Shame as most all the other characters were done very well. The CGI was done very well, loved the beavers and the wolves were just as evil as they needed to be. I did have to remind myself that this was a childrens story and not a long book, that they stuck close to the story so that we didn't get to know the history of it all. The Aslan dying, resurected scene was sure smacking of Christianity, but that didn't bother me really. Overall, it was a good movie and I will be buying the dvd when it comes out, but I won't be making multiple trips to the theater to see it.

As far as Kong whomping LOTR, no way! I expect to see a fabulous movie there, and expect that the theater will be getting more then one viewing of it from me, but I doubt if it will walk all over LOTR, but it should walk all over Narnia.

As I also said, a lot of reviewers are predicting Titantic business for Kong. If that's true then it will whomp on LotR from a BO success point. It looks pretty darn epic in the trailers.

Plus if you want to look at it from BO success than Star Wars runs all over lotr :rolleyes:
I think Im just too much of a movie fan, dont really care who runs all over who just sit back and enjoy the film. Now bring on Kong!!

When my sister and I went to see Narnia I told her there was only one film I could see coming that could catch Titanic. I said Kong is the only one that has a shot till The Hobbit comes out IMO. I'm rooting for Kong to do mind blowing numbers because I think PJ is awesome.

SW has 6 movies to LOTR 3 compare the original or new 3 to LOTR. :p LOL LOL:wacky

Darklord Dave said:
I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't known it was a Christian allegory going in.
It's not a Christian allegory, the Christians just think it is. And the media is playing it up to be just to take the "good" side. Lewis even said it can have many different meanings. It's kind of like how Tolkien said LOTR isn't an allegory for industrialization. But because he is known to have said he didn't like industrialization, everyone puts the two together anyways.

[Disclaimer: I'm not anti-Christian. It was beaten into me through 12 years of school. :D ]

Viking28 said:
Its kind of hard to say that when you havent seen the movie yet, believe me I love the LOTR triology but I could never say another movie couldnt be just as grand or huge of a story.
But to be honest its kind of funny to sit here and say this is going to crush this movie or this movie is going to crush that movie.

C'mon now Viking! I've seen the original, and I've also viewed the reviews
for both Narnia and Kong over at www.rottentomatoes.com and Kong
definitely is running far ahead at this point.

But that isn't the point - King Kong is a story of Beauty and the Beast, while
LOTR is the story of several ancient races and civilizations where the fate
of the entire world is at stake. THAT is Epic. Kong's story just isn't.

Having said that, I'm still more geeked to see King Kong than ANY movie
that I can think of in recent memory, including Harry Potter and ROTS.

JS :peace :)

Last edited:
It was a pretty good film. Very impressed by the lil gal, she's a class act. Tilda Swinton as the White Witch was impressive too. But I didn't like the voice acting on Aslan though - he should have sounded much more powerful.

I'd give it a 7.75/10.

But I wish we could stop the comparisons to Kong/LOTR/ and Potter. Because in comparing it to the 'best out there', nothing will ever seem worthy. Personally, i'd like the sequels to be successful as to ensure all 7 books are made.

I plan to see this movie soon. For those that have seen it...is it too scary for a 5 yr old? I was hoping to take my daughter to see it. She watches the Disney channel all the time and they are advertising the hell out of the movie...so now she feels she has to see it...I just dont want to have to walk out of the middle of it when things get good..:rolleyes:

I thought Liam Neeson as Aslan was perfect casting. His voice has emotion as well as gravitas.

As for a 5 year old seeing the film - I didn't think it was that intense but I've heard comments from others that it was. There are some pretty scary monsters and the battle scenes are rather violent although there's no blood.

Saw the movie today, thought it was very good. My daughter did get a little scared during some of the battle scenes but thank God my wife was around to take care of her or I would have missed some of the best parts of the movie. Whats funny is my 3 yr old had no problems with the movie...it was the 5 yr old...:eek:

seeing it tomorrow, although I'd rather see Kong again and see this another time. I need my Kong fix!...again.:D

Back