Narnia Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifu03612

Super Freak
Reaction score
Evening all,

My narnia statues dropped in today from play.com, got oreius, tumnus and the white witch (the delivery driver asked if it was CD's - you should have seen the boxes, it was like the Tardis). I had some bother gettin oreius on his base though. Just a quick question for Frodoeyes, I saw that he got the beech cabinets from argos, I got them and just wondered how strong the glass shelves were? Is anyone else collecting the narnia statues? cheers Colin

Sorry, i'll try and get some, gotta say orieus is amazing, so's Tumnus, just a slight improvement from the scary guy on the bbc's adaptation that i was brought (dragged more like) up watching.

ifu03612 said:
Evening all,

My narnia statues dropped in today from play.com

I just wanted to ask if the shipping was free? If it was Im guessing its included in the price.

Please DO put up some pics. :cool:

Psst! RD- linking to the pic won't work, you have to link to the page.

Allow me to offer a working link on your behalf :D :

ResinDog's Tumnus pic

I think the actual piece will have the scarf, which will greatly improve the overall look.

Hmm, I wouldnt say that Tumnus likeness was great ;) I remember the actor was much more fit. :D

ifu03612 said:
Just a quick question for Frodoeyes, I saw that he got the beech cabinets from argos, I got them and just wondered how strong the glass shelves were?

Amazingly surprisingly bloody secure!! Had them now for....hmm....well over a year.....maybe 2......and my god, the things I can get on them. For example -
One shelf has all the hobbits on, and GTG (Frodo, Sam and Bill, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Smeagol, Gollum, GTG)
Another has - Saruman, Grima, Uruk scout, Berserker and Ugluk.
Another - Barad Dur, Orthanc, Helms Deep, Golden Hall, Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, and the Argonath.

And one will have Gothmog on Warg and the Mumakil, so the shelves are great. Fantastic (and cheap!) cabinets.

CookieMonster said:
I just wanted to ask if the shipping was free? If it was Im guessing its included in the price.

Yes the shipping was free, and it came with parcelforce so it was all good. Was going to order them from wetanz but the shipping quote was a bit hefty ouch.

Cheers Frodoeyes, I put my sam and bill on the bottom wooden shelf, and my gimli on top, but now i may be tempted to rearrange. Cheers

Colin

As far as the new Weta products go, I limited myself to the Kong and Narnia bookends. I have now received them both, and am happier with the Narnia ones (even though Weta goofed and labelled the bottom of the Aslan bookend as the White Witch, and vice versa). I received number 0071/3500 from Mike at Razor's Edge. (Hooray for double digits!) Here are a few pics.

Got three and love them all, weta is smokin' in this series. General otmin, oreius, and white witch are just amazing. They are heavy too and big. I think the scale is 1/4? Please does anyone know? Polystone is blowing me away this month.

I'm gonna pick up the bookends tomorrow but that's it for me, I like the statues but the movie just didn't do it for me.

kierbaudy said:
Got three and love them all, weta is smokin' in this series. General otmin, oreius, and white witch are just amazing. They are heavy too and big. I think the scale is 1/4? Please does anyone know? Polystone is blowing me away this month.

Yeah I was thinking that too, I think the white witch is brilliant with wee Ginnabrik cowrin beside her. Legend - was that Kiran Shah the scale double for Frodo? I knew he done one of the Hobbits. Did you find Oreius a struggle to get on the pins. I did - i needed to wipe ma brow after it.

Colin

That Tumnus looks horrendous! I understand it's the prototype but there's something about the head placement on the body that just looks wrong.

The White Witch, on the other hand, looks amazing.

ifu03612 said:
Yeah I was thinking that too, I think the white witch is brilliant with wee Ginnabrik cowrin beside her. Legend - was that Kiran Shah the scale double for Frodo? I knew he done one of the Hobbits. Did you find Oreius a struggle to get on the pins. I did - i needed to wipe ma brow after it.

Colin

Haha, yes a couple of wipes on the brow. It was extremely difficult to put Oreius in those pegs, I nearly gave up. He was huge and heavy. But he does fit. I really like the white witch's dress, a little like galadriel's but black... really ironic. I am undecided about Tumnus, he is very iconic, but I can see about the face sculpt, it isn't very detailed. The other one I am considering is Peter, but it is really pricey.

By the way, welcome to the board Colin!

:fireworks

FlyAndFight said:
That Tumnus looks horrendous! I understand it's the prototype but there's something about the head placement on the body that just looks wrong.

Don't expect the sculpt on the Tumnus to look any better. This statue is a design maquette, and not intended to look like the actor who portrayed him.
Right from Wetas site.

"Design Maquettes are quick sculptures used to refine the design of a creature beyond drawings and paintings, allowing the concept to be realised in a three dimensional form.

The enclosed maquette is close to the final form the character takes in the film and has been cast directly off the original maquette used by Andrew Adamson and the Weta Workshop team during the design phase. The accompanying booklet provides a detailed story of the maquette's design process."

Thanks for the info, HOI!

I was not aware of that. It's a shame that they based it on a maquette instead of doing a new sculpt based on the final character/actor. Peter on Unicorn looks amazing, as do Ottimus (spelling?) and Oreius.

Back