Mystique goes International

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercWithAMouth

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got a offer from a fellow freak but he's in France.

I've never shipped international before so what's the best way to go about doing this?

UPS?
USPS?
FEDEX?

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks!

Speaking as a recipient of mail from all those carriers, all are good and provided prompt delivery times from my end. Ask the buyer if they have a preference (that they're happy to pay for). Anything with a tracking number is greatly appreciated as it makes it easier to track slow parcels without hassling the seller.

I used to use usps cos it was cheapest by far for me to get stuff here to Australia from the USA. PF sized boxes with UPS or FEDEX were ridiculously expensive or at least used to be...I haven't got something shipped and compared for a while.

Just got a offer from a fellow freak but he's in France.

I've never shipped international before so what's the best way to go about doing this?

UPS?
USPS?
FEDEX?

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks!

The best way is not to ship overseas - things get broken way too often shipping through USPS and the other carriers are very expensive.

In my experience Fedex is the best. They actually look after your package(s) and their service is second to none. Tracking is updated regularly and they always hit the date they say your package will arrive. Sometimes even before.

In my experience Fedex is the best. They actually look after your package(s) and their service is second to none. Tracking is updated regularly and they always hit the date they say your package will arrive. Sometimes even before.

I just have to say that I love your screen name...:yess:

Be prepared for a very expensive venture depending on the size of the box. If you go with the post office make sure you get insurance and a tracking number, they are cheapest. That being said they are also the sloooooowest. Iv used UPS a few times but only on extremely nice items. Lets just say a PF box cost me around $70 to $90, depending on the service so discuss it with the buyer. Dont get caught off guard when they quote you $80. The good thing is shipping speed is much faster, more reliable and tracking and insurance are built in. I dont usually ship overseas but did recently and you have to declare what you are shipping and the value, relation to the person, its all very involved. Customs taxes come in to play there for the receiver depending on the value. At UPS, they make you put a card on file in case the receiver refuses to pay customs, then you foot the bill. Thats my experience, hope it helps.

Never EVER use UPS for International. I Just bought an exclusive Raphael Comiquette. I paid $260.00 for it. Then I paid $60.00 to UPS to deliver it. They then proceeded to charge me another $90.00 for Brokerage fees. On top of that, they refuse to take cash now (at least in Canada), cheques or credit card only. I don't use either, so, I am thankful I had a friend over you lent me the use of his. So, in the end, they charged me $150.00 to deliver the Statue.

In short. NEVER use UPS for International! They are thieves!

shipped internationally is very bad , they will damage your statues easy, and the insurance process is very slow.

Back