My Yoda review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, definitely disagree with you about Yoda PJB... I think both likenesses are a bit off; but Medicom's figure just looks weird... like some kind of Yoda/E.T. hybrid.

Not to mention the limited articulation and weak paint.

I've owned a number of the Medicom SW figures, but with the exception of Wicket I've replaced all of them (or never bought them in the first place) with Sideshow offerings.

As I said in my review SS Yoda is Yoda and Medicoms is his brother or cousin Yodel.

nice gallery, as always, Michael....

Thorough review, but I guess I'm little less critical of this effort. I think he's outstanding. To have a figure of this scale have this much articulation and display/posing options with the interchangable hands and feet is pretty terrific, I think.

I think the head sculpt is quite good. It's all about the angles and this figure provides some good ones.

The one thing I really agree on with you is that terrible step backward with the twisties and tape. A plastic band across the figure's chest (similar to the neck collar they sometimes immobilize head sculpts with) would have kept the figure solidly in the tray and the lid would've kept the accessories in just fine. I hope this "old school" (as you put it :)) approach was a one-off...

The only other odd thing about the box to me was the drab photos of the figure...no real variation in poses or displays, and the shots look almost washed out. Really odd...

But those are minor gripes in the overall presentation..the figure itself is great!

Thanks again for another good read!

reply to dr feelgood.

As a UK retailer myself i hate the price we in the UK are forced to pay for Sideshow figures i remember selling the original line at £35.99 per figure then i was forced to increase to £39.99 and up. The average price now is £100 plus, i completely understand your frustration but thanks to UK tax and VAT i cant even grey import at resonable price.

Back