My UPDATED (Jan. 2014) Collection and custom lighting.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggieDoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've been on the boards for a little while and thought I would show off my collection and custom lighting!

Currently Iron Man collectibles (Hot Toys and Kotobukiya) reside on the fireplace mantle. I installed LED light strips from PPA International, bought on Amazon.com. They come with a small remote and cycle through tons of colors as well as flashing patterns. I generally just keep them on a medium white, as pictured. and don't worry there is no potential for fireplace residue or heat to potentially damage the suits.

The shelf housing Batman collectibles was a cheap bookcase sold at Target. I installed LED puck lights that I bought at Lowes. They unfortunately have a warmer tint to them so they don't exactly match my other lighting, but I am coming up with a small filter to place over them to get a slightly bluer/white tint. I am going to get another bookcase and install lighting and put it on the other side of the fireplace. It will eventually house Avengers-related items (Avengers Cap is currently shipping!).

I have a few DC Collectibles Batman items housed on my entertainment center. The Dark Knight and Bane statues are housed in small end tables that I bought on Walmart.com. I again installed the PPA International LED light strips on them as well.

Hope you guys enjoy my collection and how I have it set up. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions about the lighting, setup, or installation!

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Collection and custom lighting.

Cool set-up! :rock

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, DoggieDoc! :wave

Thanks a lot! Maybe I can get a little help from you hereif you don't mind... I tried posting in another thread (the "Introductions Please!" thread) over a week ago and my post STILL hasn't shown up. Anything I can do to make sure I didn't post incorrectly?

Thanks for the kind words on my setup, by the way... just got my email stating Avengers Cap will be here by Friday! And Kotobukiya Mark II will be replaced with Hot Toys Armor Unleashed Mark II once Sideshow sends my replacement (arrived with tons of scratches on the chest plate).

Posts in the introduction threads don't tally in your post count.

Nice displays.

Posts in the introduction threads don't tally in your post count.

Nice displays.

Thanks:), but the problem is my post doesn't show up at all in that thread... It's like I never posted it, even though I know I did:dunno.

That looks excellent. I love messing around with lighting. Those puck lights from WallyWorld, are they the battery powered ones that have a motion sensor on them?

That looks excellent. I love messing around with lighting. Those puck lights from WallyWorld, are they the battery powered ones that have a motion sensor on them?

The puck lights are from Lowes, not Walmart:wink1:... But anyway, no, they aren't battery powered, they plug into the wall and have a nice little dimmer knob so I can make them brighter if I want. In the pictures they are set to their dimmest setting.

Updates to the collection! Got a second shelf for the left side of the fireplace. Moved Batman Hot Toys to the left shelf and will be filling the right shelf with Avengers related stuff. Currently I have Hot Toys Avengers Cap and Kotobukiya Mark VII on the right shelves. Need to come up with a small Avengers logo item for the smaller top shelf.

Joker 2.0 will eventually reside where the Hot Toys busts are. Enjoy the new pics!

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

So I thought I'd update my post about my shelves. Since my initial post I have since rearranged the room, added multiple figures, and added backgrounds for most of my figures. I am currently awaiting Man of Steel and will add a superman logo background to that shelf as well. He will end up on the left, and Iron Man and Captain America may end up together on a single shelf, we'll see. Hope you all like the updated arrangement of the shelves and the look of the backgrounds!

Back