My Ultimate Rambo is now complete! *pics*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
And as for HT, they are seriously kicking ass..... That Endo, Ed-209, Rocky, Rambo, Supes.... the list just goes on and on.... Just amazing stuff.

Dont forget Aliens and Predator!!!

DarkArtist81 said:
I think I'll probably bite on the Endoskeleton as well... And then maybe go back and get the Kyle Reese and customize him into the "Bum pants and trenchcoat" Kyle we all know and love!

You mean this?

reese1.jpg

DarkArtist81 said:
Damn Dave, that is awesome!! And almost EXACTLY what I was envisioning! Kudos to you! Did you make it?

Well you can say that we BOTH did. :D You supplied me with the Connor trenchcoat I needed. Thanks!

dekadentdave said:
Well you can say that we BOTH did. :D You supplied me with the Connor trenchcoat I needed. Thanks!

I knew that Trench was familiar!! Well, hey man... awesome job staining it and putting that Kyle together, seriously.... great work! Funny how ingrained that one figure (Modern Connor) is in the Krusade... I owned and painted him, sold the trench to you and the figure to Chase. :lol

Well it's good to know that it was put to good use and the Connor you did for Chase was incredible. Nice touch with the Kurgan's shirt on him.

dekadentdave said:
You mean this?

reese1.jpg
That looks great Dave! did you give any thought to sawing off the butt and stringing a scale piece of rope as a strap? At least that's what I thought he did in the movie. Or was it a different shot gun?
I might have to try customizing me one sometime in the future.

screamingmetal said:
That looks great Dave! did you give any thought to sawing off the butt and stringing a scale piece of rope as a strap? At least that's what I thought he did in the movie. Or was it a different shot gun?
I might have to try customizing me one sometime in the future.

Thanks. Yes, I need to trim the handle from the shotgun which I borrowed from the McFarlane T-800 12" and I have been looking for some small rope to use but haven't had much luck finding any cords small enough that look like genuine rope in that scale. I also need to paint his Nike's the correct color and weather the pants a bit.

dekadentdave said:
Thanks. Yes, I need to trim the handle from the shotgun which I borrowed from the McFarlane T-800 12" and I have been looking for some small rope to use but haven't had much luck finding any cords small enough that look like genuine rope in that scale. I also need to paint his Nike's the correct color and weather the pants a bit.
I just looked at pictures from the movie online and the shotgun is different, before you cut the stock down, try searching Dragon spare parts for a correct one. I'm not sure what model was used, but I know Dragon made a shotgun that looks very similar to the one used in the movie.

I had thought about using Hick's shotgun but I don't want to use my only one so I might try to get another on ebay. Here's some more comparison shots.

reese.jpg
reese3.jpg
84reese1.jpg

Pineapple said:
Yup, thats a Apocalypse in my DETOLF case. The Apocalypse and all the X-Men characters are from Marvel Legends (Toybiz)

CIMG0817.jpg

CIMG0818.jpg
i wish i could find a detolf case...its the bomb around here haha

Hey I kind of want that rambo figure now.
I used to watch them reruns on TV. He's like the white version of Bruce Lee

:lol

Wor-Gar said:
Very nice Reese, Dave!

Any chance you're gonna rip the neck-line of his shirt to give it that "Flashdance" feel? :D

Ha! Hadn't thought of that. It's just the gray undershirt that came with Future War Reese but I suppose I could give it more of a torn look. It's also interesting that Kyle changes trenchcoats later in the film to a navy blue one but I liked the army green better.

Every Rambo should have come with one of these. I don't know why Hot Toys forgot to include this baby...

rambo_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back