Action Figure My take on Short Round

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAZAFANTASMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
HI, I've always liked TOD, it was my second favorite movie, so after finishing one custom TOD figure, I decided that it was time for him to have his little kung fu sidecick, short round, FInding a head was a challenge, since there was a terrific one done by Trevor, but it was a private commission and he did not make any molds (I asked him) so having one seems impossible . then I did some on line research and it turns out that a couple of years ago, Lonnie Hall from Hero Heads or front line figures, did one, I contacted "him" and he told me that he still had it, he sent me this picture as reference...
shortyc.jpg

By spv11 at 2012-04-24

Ok, its not the best but it's "as good as it gets" so I jumped on it, (payed $35 plus shipping) and when it arrived, I noticed that it's really tiny! And the neck is super small, even for my Hobbit figure! (image 1-2)

SO I will sculpt the neck, might as well since I'm all motivated for my poor lonely INdy... I also bought a Ken shirt with a similar pattern as the one he used in the movie, and some Ken shoes too. (fig 4-5)

Also , I used some female feet so that the shoes could fit... (fig 3)

Any ways stay tooned cause there is more to come! :wink1:

Last edited:
I wanted to see Short Round at Indy and Marian's wedding.

Indy: "Mutt this is Short Round"
SR: "Why you never marry my mom, Dr. Jones?"
Indy: "He was just leaving."

DSC00519.jpg

SO this is how big the hobbit body will look next to any SS Indy, I think it's the right scale ; The only issue would be that his head will look small... we'll see. Stay tooned for MORE!

Here is a hight reference pic with Indy and Shorty (and hotty but annoying Willie lol)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Loving it so far! I dig the parts you got and the body seems to be a great height. I'll keep watching!

Thanks Rogster! So since I 'm going to create a short round figure, and I already have my TOD Indy, I thought it would be cool to create the columns you see in the poster, but again , my take on them , not going for screen accuracy here lol..... so here they are, some WIP pics .... and my TOD Indy.

Last edited:
I would suggest an Obitsu child body. They are thinner and more childlike than the SS hobbit bodies. Also, the head should match, scale-wise.

Great start, BTW. The Lonnie head is the best Shorty available.

Hi Sal! I'm glad that I was able to help you out in getting the SS Hobbit body to you. I like the Short Round head sculpt you have. I'll keep checking on the figure's progress with you! Looking great so far! :wave

Hey Fusion, yeah I saw that body but I didn't like how it looked, nor the price... lol, but I'll see if I try it out one day.
Yeah Mike, thanks for coming to the rescue with the hobbit body! As you will see, it served it's purpose! :)

Today it was a beautiful sunny day here in Montreal So I took my kids to the park and got my Indy TOD and Shorty to take some pics, the kids at the park where all over me saying how cool those figs where, but they had no idea who they where haha! I had to say "maybe your Fathers know".. Any ways I'm super tired but I'm going to show you one of the set of pictures I took... WIll post the rest tomorrow ! :)

Hope you like it! I'm super exited just to see him standing there ! It was quite a challenge , specially the clothes.

More to come!

Last edited:
THanks for all your comments (I guess) I kind of feel down but I promised more pictures, so here they are....

I'm happy on how it turned out, he looks great standing next to that INdy, I have another TOD Indy with the HT head and an asian muscle body, will post pics with that one too. :yess: I'm planning on making a Willie, but I'm not sure what head to use.....

I was able to put the Hasbro shirt and jacket on his back and wrapped it with a custom whip made by my good friend The Rogster! It was perfect for this! Also the torch I made using Hemble's old recipe ...

:)

THanks for all your comments (I guess) I kind of feel down but I promised more pictures, so here they are....

I'm happy on how it turned out, he looks great standing next to that INdy, I have another TOD Indy with the HT head and an asian muscle body, will post pics with that one too. :yess: I'm planning on making a Willie, but I'm not sure what head to use.....

I was able to put the Hasbro shirt and jacket on his back and wrapped it with a custom whip made by my good friend The Rogster! It was perfect for this! Also the torch I made using Hemble's old recipe ...

:)

Looks great standing next to Indy!

That's so INCREDIBLE man!!!!

Love that SR, Sir!

... and the Indy looks just like TOD!!!!!

Thanks a lot Figue!!!!!!!! I have a closer pic.... Let me know what u think .

Now that I look at them together... makes me want to do a 1/6 mine car dio... hmmmm

Back