My Second Scar Predator (Elder bash) Custom for Danielito--WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body and armor repaint is done. Just need to recast the abdominal armor now. I should be totally done tomorrow (Saturday 5-2-09) and will post new pics then. Thanks for the interest.

awesome work dude! you need to go work for hot toys.
what are you using to resculpt the forehead with?and does it bond well with the head?
thanks,bobamike

I am using Quick Wood Putty found at Home Depot. It comes in a small tube. It's a two part putty in one bar. You pinch off however much you need and kneed it into one color, then you have about 15-20 minutes to sculpt. Vaseline helps you tools slide along the suface. Because of the working time, I do things in sections. Once it's hard, it bonds and is extremely durable, can be Dremeled and sanded. I like to work with this stuff because you don't have to bake it or anything. I also like how it starts out very soft for basic detail layout, and hardens slowly as you refine the detail allowing for harder pressure and sharper tools until you have some sharp details working.

I have never had any of my sculpted areas fall off or peal at the edges, but if you mess up the sculpt or run out of time, it will pry off without too much brute force.

Alright, Scar fans, here he is. Hard to believe this used to be an Hot Toys Elder piece, aye?

Danielito, thanks for your long patience in waiting for this:

HPIM4065.jpg

HPIM4063.jpg

HPIM4069.jpg

HPIM4073.jpg

HPIM4084.jpg

HPIM4066.jpg

HPIM4080.jpg

Back