My R2's.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JabbaFan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
....from a tiny Micromachines little fella, to the Voice Activated Astromech ones,...one is still mint in its box, the other one,...well, had to try and make him look "used", but still need to give him another "clean", just leaving it more subtle...its too much weathered right now,....but it will look better....
these are nice, and noisy, make you company sometimes :lol

r2s-1.jpg

jedistuff2.jpg

guess you're right, if we think in the quality/price ....;)

Also, heres a nice USB electronic/animated R2D2 unit, an exclusive from Japan, made by Cube,...the front light changes constantly from red to blue, and theres one extra yellow light in the back of his head blinking now and then,...he turns his head every 3 minutes, and makes sounds,...its a sweet item, too....

jedistuff4.jpg

jedistuff5.jpg

heres another one showing the "weathered" R2D2 unit....guess its a little bit too much, right!?! :(

jedistuff3.jpg

...not a pro in those things , ;), but when I tried the other one, the last R2D2 edition, couldnt see any difference,...maybe the plastic and painting would be the issue,...it looks like its now done in a rush, and the blue looks smudged in some parts...the first release looks a bit better....

Wow, the USB R2 looks the best to me with the functional lights. Is the cheapest price $100? That's all I can find on ebay. How much did you pay?

I paid £75, sold by a gentleman from Japan, his store called Strapya...great delivery, fast service! then I liked it so much, that,....I bought a second one, to be kept in the box,...this is the one I use....;)8 I tend to buy things in pairs,...dont ask me why !;)

fellas, just got home,...3 days away flying, time for some rest now,..:)
the voice activated R2D2 is made by HASBRO, heres a link if you wish to have a look:

https://www.hasbro.com/r2droidfactory/

difference between the two of them, well, the 2002 version looks better printed, the 2008 looks like its been done in a rush, smudge here and there...lower quality somehow, not much, but one can tell.... scale, mmmhhh,..not sure, let me go check the box and see if it has any info on that,....but its quite nice, and you can get them from sellers in the Uk for a good price,...I always have to pay lots of money for shipping, since these are not nearby to be found,...but you guys in the States and in the UK have real good bargains ;)))

Yes, I've seen people doing these from scratch, its amazing, these guys are artists, love their work,....I dont even know how to connect a led :(
thanks guys,
rc

Back