My photos from Comic-Con 2005 *COMPLETED* (20 new pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gabberjawa

SDCC 2005 photo gallery

Will update with more images later. Was a challenge to photograph through the acrylic cases(lots of glare, among other things) but I think those came out alright.

Some quick thoughts:

- I spoke with Ben Wootten of Weta Workshop, and asked him of the end of the LOTR line. He basically confirms that essentially they had to move on to other projects. Not much new here, the license was ending, they were busy with new stuff, seems to be the gist of what he was saying.
- The Kong stuff is incredible. There is definitely an emphasis on making many of the pieces gigantic in size. I can see why they hiked the price on the Kong vs. Rex! I think the skin texture of the giant Rex bust is among the most detailed things(if not the most) I have ever seen Weta do in a collectible.
- Narnia- some pieces look absolutely amazing (the Minotaur) while some are lukewarm.
- Aragorn and Leg/Gim both look good, still undecided whether I'll get them or now. I think if you've decided to order them based only so far on Sideshow's photos, you will not be disappointed.
- I will most likely cancel the Mumak, I would now much rather put the $300 into the Kong vs. Rex piece :drool
- Sauron now has me worried- the paint looks different now. Whereas the paint on the prototype was nice and metallic, it looks liek there is a lot more black on it now ala Morgul Lord(which I disliked). It could be my memory playing tricks on me but I think photos tell the story- compare these two: ORC sauron vs. SDCC Sauron
- Met up with Sideshow Freaks- nice chattin with you!

cheers
chuck

Re: My photos from Comic-Con 2005

Great photos chuck...

- AatBG looks absolutely beautiful.
- And I think you may have changed my mind on LGoA. I actually really like it now...
- Galadriel looks real nice. Wish I kept my order,
- Mumak looks a lot nicer too...

Damn those SSW photos !

Please keep them coming.

Kong Vs T Rex looks amazing!!!

I really like the White Witch with those Dwarf things. Her face is very detailed.

The Mumak looks awesome, very impressed with carriage on top.

Everything looks so good this year. Quality is much better overall on everything.

re

The Kong stuff is incredible. There is definitely an emphasis on making many of the pieces gigantic in size. I can see why they hiked the price on the Kong vs. Rex! I think the skin texture of the giant Rex bust is among the most detailed things(if not the most) I have ever seen Weta do in a collectible.

Charles, I appreciate your comments on this line of WETA's. I am so looking forward to receiving these pieces. Did you happen to find out anything about the 2 lithographic prints that will be released later in the year?

I will most likely cancel the Mumak, I would now much rather put the $300 into the Kong vs. Rex piece

Wow, I knew it was going to be an amazing statue, but I never imagined just what impact it would have when seen in the cold light of day.:drool

Love the gallery, btw. :rock

Re: re

Excellent pics chucks, not impressed with the Mumak, I'm thinking of cancelling mine aswell.

I just wanted the upright charging giant mega beast, what we got Isn't even close. It does nothing for me.

The Kong vs. Rex, looks awesome, Still not happy with the pose of the Rex though, they made it look like a Raptor.
But It's only a film, so they get artistic license, it not like their studying for a degree in Palaeontology.

great photos! :clap
see you around tomorrow... oh wait, today!
go to get some sleep...

Brilliant shots Chuck, absolutely outstanding!
I'm liking Legolas and Gimli, as I said in the other thread Aragron I still dont like, the colours still look off, wheras the colours on L&G seem to be less vibrant.
Was there a Pip on display? If so could someone please take some shots of him for me?
I see what your saying about Sauron, making me feel even better about not getting him.
The Kong and Narnia stuff look really good.
Cheers.

Chuck i posted your link on the statueforum. Great shots as usual.

Just a little begging here, but could you take a photo of the Minotaur from the Narnia series? And perhaps of the Centaur aswell. Got both of em on order and I'd like to see how its turning out ^^

Fantastic photo's as usual btw! Was the Mumak that bad? From those shots it looks marvellous!! The wicker baskets on top look quite detailed. If you could, take a shot of the base the Mumak is lying on. We'll be able to tell for sure if there's a dead Haradrim on there or not!

Nice pics. How big was the Mumakil compared to the other items?

NN

Cheers Chuck!

Galadriel looks Great!

:banana

Sauron Looks Massive!:thud
Looks better now that he does not look like Robocop after a Shine.lol IMO:ted

:peace

These statues really look good. After seeing the close-ups of Aragorn I like it even more. They have done a great job on all of the statues. Mumak looks better than I orginally thought too.:clap

Definitely loving the Legolas and Gimli on Arod. I'm still not convinced on Aragorn, though.

I will say that Aragorn looks better! I may even keep it now...

Chuck,

Can you PLEASE take some pictures of Vader and Kenobi?

Oh crap. I love 'em all even more.:thud

Man, am I gonna be broke...
broke.gif

Geez all those statues look great. Thanks for the pics.

I'm really pleased with the way Galadriel has turned out.
Aragorn looks very good so definitely keeping my order. I can't get over the skin texture of the Mumak, excellent.

Chuck one of the gripes about LGoA was the pose of the horse. Does it look more balanced in it's stride then the released images portrayed? You know less inclined to be tumbling over as some though.

Nice photos Chuck. Can't wait to get there and take some of my own.

1. Mumak: WOW!!! Dam good looking piece IMO. Really, can't wait to get it and see it in person in just a few hours from now.

2. Sauron: Doesn't look any different than the pics you took from Orc. Still looks like a great piece

3. Environments: These look good not sure I will be getting them but they look good.

4. NARNIA: Pieces look great but I don't collect things I don't have a passion for.

5. King Kong: Read above

6. Aragorn @ Black Gate: Looks simply freaking fantastic!! The colors look much better in person pics than SS pics. Bring this SOB on!!!

7. Leg & Gim on Arod: Read above

8. Battle Troll: Kicks ass and then some!!

9. PJ: Very cool!! I like it as the character it represents the Corsairs but its also PJ.

I love all these new LOTR pieces! Weta just kept getting better and better... <wishful thinking>Maybe one day they'll pick it up again if the license hasn't been snagged by someone else.</wishful thinking>

Narnia and Kong stuff looks good, but I have no interest in these at all.

Re: re

Actually, I think some collect just cause they think certain things are cool.

Back