My meeting with Robert Deniro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Photo Big H...You get to meet my Idol, and My friend Ray gets to act with him...man I am wrong place lol
deniro.jpg

Were you in wardrobe or something, he still has the tag on his shirt?

:dunno

Its strange..and yet its not...but he looks like he could be just about anyone who walks into my shop to buy a newspaper.

hector, please tell us the story behind this photo. how did you meet, did you have a conversation, etc...

this is awesome, congrats!

hector, please tell us the story behind this photo. how did you meet, did you have a conversation, etc...

this is awesome, congrats!

Yes indeed: I work as Fire Safety Director and Security at the Crown Building on 5th ave and there is an excusive clothing company which Deniro frequents for his custom suits. The owner of the shop knows me as the "Bruce Lee" fan but I also told him that Deniro was my favorite actor of all time. He once told me that the day Deniro walks into his shop he will cal me and introduce me to him.....Deniro walked in and he kept his promise! - He was very polite and asked me where I was from. I mentioned that he looked fantastic due to the fact that he lost weight for his new film and it brought a smile to his face. His assistant snapped the photo. What I thought was really cool was the fact that he put his arm around me and I did the same and we took the photo!!!

Taxi Driver is in fact my favorite film of all time, not just a Deniro film but my favorite of all time! - I lived in the East Village in Manhattan most of my life and I've walked the streets where Taxi Driver was filmed. Sometimes I stop and pause a little, close my eyes and imagine that I was in the picture!

I ate Pizza at the shop where deniro is having lunch with Jodie Foster. My friend's father was found dead at the Lyric Theater where Deniro takes Cybill Shepherd. Watching the film takes me back to my youth as the streets I walked are frozen in time on film. And to top it off my dad was a taxi driver so I've been in the taxi garages on west end avenue and the atmosphere was electrifying!

The greatest actor of our time and my favorite film of the 20th century!

Hector Martinez
www.urbankungfu.net

Back