My little friend says hello!-PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had meant he's on the standard sized body. But it is the Ermey one with no midriff articulation and limited neck. I think he sounds pretty good, it's not obviously NOT Pacino.

Darklord Dave said:
I think he sounds pretty good, it's not obviously NOT Pacino.

did sideshow ever say "WHY" pacino's voice wasn't used?

i wonder how difficult, in this day and age of technology, it would be to make our own talking figures(using a sideshow talking body as a base). i'd bet the voice is on some kind of sound chip. has anyone ever tried to somehow download movie clips and put the sounds on a sound chip to make a talking figure? that would be cool. :joy

Just got my little friend in the mail! He's very well done, the head sculpt looks perfect, the figure doesn't nearly have as dark a complexion as it did in Sideshow's turn around video. He does have too much eyeliner under his eyes, but it's not a big issue to me. The suit fits well but it could be better, his shirt has no sleeves which is a disappointment and he has no socks on.

His accessories are very well done! his hand gun is on par with Dragon hand guns, with the right scale, excellent detail, pull back slide, small separate Spring Guide, barrel hole, removable magazine and painted bullets. His stacks of 20's are very well done with each bill printed on the front and back and in perfect scale, I know because I compared a dollar to my airsoft 92F and they match perfectly with the 1/6 versions! The switchblade is also very nicely done.

However, having this figure makes me worry more that Sideshow will use the voice feature on their Darth Vader. I would hate for him to have a cut joint neck, a hole in his chest, and a very limited ball jointed waist as does this figure. Let's hope that Sideshow doesn't do that to Vader.

Received my sideshow exclusive today. very nice. Love the packaging, especially the cut out allowing you to press the voice button.

BTW, I forgot, we were getting the custom base/stand and what was added to the exclusive version until I double checked the sideshow site:

Exclusive Edition Script:

(INCLUDES ALL REGULAR EDITION SCRIPT)
This is paradise, I'm telling you. This town like a great big ***** just waiting to get *****.
I never **** anybody over in my life who didn't have it coming, you got that?
**** Gaspar Gomez, and **** the ******' Diaz brothers - **** 'em all!

Using audio clips from the film was probably cost prohibitive. It's a separate license from likeness rights, since it's audio from the film, and they probably had a ceiling on the budget for this stuff. I would have just left the voice thing off.

Hell, if Carlito's Way was popular enough to make a DTV prequel, maybe they'll do a figure of him from that film...

Mine was waiting for me today. Like it so far, haven't opened it. But why's his suit have a big white vest? Don't see one in pics...

Back