"my" Jimi hendrix at Woodstock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy C

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place. Was'nt sure whether this belonged in the "Show your Shelves" section or "Custom Creations" section since most of the stuff in "Creative Customs appear to be intended for sale.

Anyway the heads of course is the remarkable sculpts from SERANG KIM

0JHW5001_zpsa1a5ca8c.jpg

JHWclsup02_zps22b10183.jpg

JHWcloseup_zps732a5e3e.jpg

Last edited:
I think there's something wrong with your upload. I tried to fix the links for you, but the pics aren't showing up.

Last resort would be to email me the pics and I can host it for you. Lemme know if need me to:wave

The costume was made by Amy from A.J. Clothiers

JHW4503_zps46d0969c.jpg

Make no mistake about this. I own this figure but it BELONGS to Amy. When I contacted her I had only a vague idea of doing something to approximate the spirit and style of hendrix and the 1960's. After reviewing some of her suede female halters I thought we'd try to do "something like the Woodstock outfit". She really dug into the research and created this beauty.

0JHW4502_zpsf3e35eef.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I would send the heads to a professional painter here on the boards. Might as well go all the way since the custom is worth it.

Very nice, where did you get the guitar from?

The guitar is one of those Unclefat e-bay 6.75" things cost about 12 USD
The strap is a Dogsoldiers Indian belt from Good Stuff to Go

Looks great! I would send the heads to a professional painter here on the boards. Might as well go all the way since the custom is worth it.

I appreciate the skills of the professional painters whose services are available here, however, I've been buying casted heads and painting them myself for several years. I've gotten better and better. Jimi was my first African American head. I painted him about 3 times over to get the skin tone I thought was appropriate. I then painted the neck chest and forearms of a TTL "tan" body to match.
Eyes have been a bit problematic
I can't figure out how you guys can manage it (even after looking at several tutorials)
On my shelf without my glasses on I don't see the problem :wink1:
The photographic closeup is way bigger than my magnifying glass also
So I see what you guys are saying
I will take another stab at the lower left lid and corner
Does anyone think that i should make the eye color lighter or brighter ?

Bottom line though is for me the painting is half the fun

I like the outfit personally more than any of the outfits offered by Serang. I am not saying they were bad, just I prefer this one and the Skin Tone is great.

Back