My issues with KOTCS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marion is a casualty of bad writing and atrophied acting skills.

If Lucas and Spielburg were serious about fixing Indy or Star Wars they would hire Lawrence Kasdan.

Go watch Mumford, Dreamcatcher and Darling Companion then repeat that sentence.

Go watch Mumford, Dreamcatcher and Darling Companion then repeat that sentence.

In the last 10 years he's made 3 films and they suck, but he has quite a resume prior to that. Perhaps he's lost a step but he's still a better writer doctor than George.

It doesn't really matter, the idea of there being anything after Jedi is just a pipe dream. Nothing will change the fact the actors who played those characters all look like car accidents today.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that he doesn't wear his complete iconic uniform .... during the whole PERU jungle scene he doesn't have his mask bag, or is leather belt revolver.... yeah I guess the russians took it as a precaution but been how stupid this whole script was, why even bother right? lol, just take out his Webley and keep his bag empty or whatever.

In the last 10 years he's made 3 films and they suck, but he has quite a resume prior to that. Perhaps he's lost a step but he's still a better writer doctor than George.

It doesn't really matter, the idea of there being anything after Jedi is just a pipe dream. Nothing will change the fact the actors who played those characters all look like car accidents today.

I would argue Kasdan has not made a good film in over 20 years (the last being "Grand Canyon" - which wasn't actually good, but was interesting) and "Mumford" is pushing 15 years ago. You can sample Kasdan's script doctoring work on the "Clash of the Titans" remake. He also did drafts of "Robotech" several years ago, which has yet to make it into production.

I haven't watched much Clone Wars. I liked the Gendy Tartakovsky stuff, don't care about the newer 3d stuff.

I'm tired of watching them fill in spaces between the PT and OT. I'm done acting suprised at being told what happened between A and C. It's always going to be B.

If I ever meet George I'd like to say "Episode VII or GTFO."

It's been 30 years and that's never going to happen now. Obviously age (and issues) caught up with them all. They kicked it back in the day and are icons because of it, but I'm not sure I'd like to see any attempt in that direction anyway, given the Prequels and KOTCS.

Harrison+Ford+Harrison+Ford+Arrives+Hotel+PhgJrpBPfoTl.jpg

mark_hamill_2012_07-18.jpg

1339159-carrie_fisher_jabba_super.png

Dead alien body in a warehouse is ok, living aliens that make angry faces at Spalko is George going overboard and no one having the balls to tell him to shut his whore mouth and sit in the corner.

Biggest things I'd like to change are :

End the prologue w/ the Rocketsled, transition back to Marshall w/o nuke or interrogation

Fix/shorten the swordfight w/ Mutt and Spalko so it's more brief and believable and w/o any nutshots or straddling the 2 cars

No monkies or swinging, Mutt gets hung up we don't see him again until he just swings out of nowhere into Spalko's car

1 waterfall instead of 3 and not as long a drop

add fight between russians and Ugha

Fix Mac's death to look more believable

No living aliens, no wedding, just change all the dialogue at the end between Marion/Indy/Mutt "Why didn't you stick around dad?" "Somewhere Grandpa is laughing" "Knowlege was their treasure" all of those lines are attrocious.

Last edited:
Dead alien body in a warehouse is ok, living aliens that make angry faces at Spalko is George going overboard and no one having the balls to tell him to shut his whore mouth and sit in the corner.

I must be one of the few that has no problem with the Aliens. It just was not done very well.

I must be one of the few that has no problem with the Aliens. It just was not done very well.

Me too. I thought it was an interesting setup. Like i said in the posts before i liked the alien civilization idea and i was always intrigued by the mitchel hedges skull.

Kotcs is a movie that grows on you over time. Yeah it's silly at some points, but it's just a simple adventure movie. Shouldn't be taken that seriously. Just enjoy the ride :).

I watched the trailer for '42', the story of Jackie Robinson, in which Harrison Ford plays Brooklyn Dodgers GM Branch Rickey.

I notice Ford has changed his voice and appearance. He's trying to get into character more than usual. I'll wait until I see the film before drawing any conclusions. I hope Ford finds his acting mojo again.

I watched the trailer for '42', the story of Jackie Robinson, in which Harrison Ford plays Brooklyn Dodgers GM Branch Rickey.

I notice Ford has changed his voice and appearance. He's trying to get into character more than usual. I'll wait until I see the film before drawing any conclusions. I hope Ford finds his acting mojo again.

He looks amazing in that trailer. A return to form - and a possible Oscar nod - hopefully.

Biggest things I'd like to change are :

End the prologue w/ the Rocketsled, transition back to Marshall w/o nuke or interrogation

Fix/shorten the swordfight w/ Mutt and Spalko so it's more brief and believable and w/o any nutshots or straddling the 2 cars

No monkies or swinging, Mutt gets hung up we don't see him again until he just swings out of nowhere into Spalko's car

1 waterfall instead of 3 and not as long a drop

add fight between russians and Ugha

Fix Mac's death to look more believable

No living aliens, no wedding, just change all the dialogue at the end between Marion/Indy/Mutt "Why didn't you stick around dad?" "Somewhere Grandpa is laughing" "Knowlege was their treasure" all of those lines are attrocious.

Good start.

I'll go one further.

Don't make it at all.

Last edited:
Back