My holy grails finally came in!!! Facehugger lifesize bust and AVP Chess set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freak_Zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Absolutely happy with the facehugger bust! Its an artist proof edition. Bought it for US$375. I hope that's a good deal?? Took me about A YEAR to find this and the avp chess set piece! So so stoked they're finally part of my collection!

DSCF6971.jpg

DSCF6969.jpg

I really didn't expect this level of detail too! Look at the veins! :
DSCF6974.jpg

I also bought the predator bust for $37 (does not come with the dvds) and the arc reactor for $150.

Here they are along with the rest of my TINY TINY collection:
DSCF6948.jpg

As you can see the box for facehugger bust is still in good condition.

The picture above is still missing a couple of other stuff, just felt like taking a picture with all my busts in it.

The next grail is my avp chess set! I got it for around $140. It was supposed to be much more expensive but because the paint was peeling quite badly and there were a couple small broken pieces I managed to get it for that decent price. Its limited to 3000 pieces around the world and mine's a small number I believe. (Can't remember and the damn thing is even heavier than my iron man bust! So not gonna check for the number) Gonna hopefully have it repainted by a friend over the weekend. After that, gonna build a nice case for it. Just played chess with my dad today with it. Even my dad who's not exactly fond of me collecting statues and stuff loved the chess set.

DSCF6954.jpg

DSCF6953.jpg

Couple of other stuff I bought:
queen aliens chess burster and dvds and blu rays
DSCF6949.jpg

Probably the best 3d poster. Lights up!
DSCF6980.jpg

My Kabuki statue! This thing is simply stunning. Absolutely love it! Only reason its not a grail piece for me is cause its still quite easy to find. Got mine for $170.

DSCF6964.jpg

DSCF6963.jpg

DSCF6967.jpg

Love my aliens!

DSCF6959.jpg

I still have the alien facehugger bobble head/headknocker coming in next week.

Another alien piece I'm hoping to get soon is the alien diorama from sideshow. Anyways thanks for looking guys. So freakin happy right now. haha. Will post more pictures of the facehugger soon. Just too excited with the piece so only took a couple of shots. hehe :yess:

Sorry if the pics are not up to standard too, I'm still a newbie when it comes to photography and I was just too excited. haha

Yip im dying for one of those chess sets to. Should have bought it that time I seen it at forbidden planet! :gah:

Very nice :clap

The AVP chess set i have been looking for one of these for about 4 years now but no luck yet:gah:

Congrats on the score:pfft::lol

Thanks! I'm really surprised the avp chess set is sooo rare! You'd think a run of 3000 would be easier to find.

Yip im dying for one of those chess sets to. Should have bought it that time I seen it at forbidden planet! :gah:

You should've! Its so rare that I had to break my policy of buying damaged goods just to have it. (Thankfully it was really cheap)

Nice collection dude :rock

Thanks! I'm still new, just started really. :)

You bought Jennifer's Body!?

Lol, that isn't really for me. Its for my sis, she apparently loves the movie.

Sweet collection dude!!
I always loved that chess set, the best thing about AVP
is that they released a ton of awesome collectibles.

Moonwalker & REC, awesome movies!! :rock!!

Thanks! I'm thinking of whether or not to get the aliens chess set. (Its from the second movie. The alien side of the base looks really good, but other than that everything pales in comparison to this avp chess set)

Absolutely loved rec! Can't wait to catch the second one!

Love the face hugger life size bust and looks like you got a great deal on it especially considering it is an artist proof. Great addition, Congrats!!!

I know :( I'm trying to be really picky these days about what I buy. Either end up with no space or no £ when something I really really want is available.

Love the face hugger life size bust and looks like you got a great deal on it especially considering it is an artist proof. Great addition, Congrats!!!

Thanks mate! I thought it was a really good price too.

I know :( I'm trying to be really picky these days about what I buy. Either end up with no space or no £ when something I really really want is available.

Hope you'll eventually get to own such an awesome piece. :)

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU FIND THAT PREDATOR BUST for that price....i'm DYING to get one!

Ermmm, the predator bust is nothing that much to shout about. Its the one that came with the dvds. Still love it though, looks quite nice in person. Wasn't that expensive but I do admit that it was still a steal. I bought it from ebay.com.sg. :)

Awesome facehugger bust!

:rock

Jealous is me

haha thanks!

Brilliant price as said above. I can't believe you got it for that price

Yeah, I was really surprised the owner wanted to sell it to me for such a price. I originally bought the chest burster and the mini facehugger bust from him on ebay. Asked if by any chance he had the lifesize bust. He said he did and had not considered selling it but was willing to sell it to me for the price mentioned. And the rest was history. :)

I have to go grab that McF Alien poster now, i had no idea it lit up and there are still some on clearance at my local TRU and Zellers, already have the Nightmare on Elm St one and its pretty nice.

Congrats on the new additions. I love that Palisades facehugger
bust, I've been after one for years.

I have to go grab that McF Alien poster now, i had no idea it lit up and there are still some on clearance at my local TRU and Zellers, already have the Nightmare on Elm St one and its pretty nice.

You should, I took my time and in the end the shop was selling it for $17 more than its previous price. :( Not so easy to come by anymore.
Love the poster, if only they could make it bigger, it'd be perfect!

Congrats on the new additions. I love that Palisades facehugger
bust, I've been after one for years.

Thanks! The facehugger bust was really really hard to find. And we're talking about finding it hard to find for ANY price.

Always wanted an AVP chess set. How much did that run you?

$140. It was still sealed, we opened it to check and since there was TONS of peeling and some broken parts, in the end from $350 he dropped it down to $140. Gonna go and get some paint, glue. Probably set me back another $35 to repair it?

Back