My first sculpting attempts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice sculpt.
On another note, as I noticed you're from Germany as well, where did you get Super Sculpey? I want to try my hand at sculpting as well, but have no idea where to get the right stuff.

Same here.
I would really like to get started in the customizing/ sculpting hobby but the sculpting materials I used to work with so far were more in line with clay, which ended up being too sticky and soft to apply a lot of detail onto.

You knowledge is needed, Susala!

Great custom so far, by the way.
Did you apply the eyebrows after sculpting the head? They sort of look like separate sculpts.

Same here.
I would really like to get started in the customizing/ sculpting hobby but the sculpting materials I used to work with so far were more in line with clay, which ended up being too sticky and soft to apply a lot of detail onto.

You knowledge is needed, Susala!

Great custom so far, by the way.
Did you apply the eyebrows after sculpting the head? They sort of look like separate sculpts.

PM sent.

Yes, I added the eyebrows after baking the head, because I was afraid of destroying the face while sculpting them.

I started a new head sculpt, Luke Goss (Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2).

I hope it looks a bit like Luke. :eek:

btw: The Anakin head sculpt will get some hair soon. ;)

Last edited:
Man those look great...I still say the ani looks a little generic and the eyebrows still appear heavy but your technique is very clean and the price looks dead on.

I'd like to see a similar shot of ani next to a straight on shot of Hayden as ani as well. That would give me a better sense of the accuracy of the sculpt.

I could only hope to be half as good as you are now! Keep up the good work

I changed some things :) :

And I´ll try to take better pics tomorrow.
They are that blurred, because I can´t use photoflash, the bright color of the clay reflects the light, so you can´t see anything in the photographs. :banghead

I'd like to see a similar shot of ani next to a straight on shot of Hayden as ani as well. That would give me a better sense of the accuracy of the sculpt.

I hope these pics are okay for now (but I´ll look for better ones) :

I´d be glad to!
If I get some money for christmas I will buy the required stuff to make castings.

btw:
Here are 2 new pics (the only good ones :mad: ) taken with flashlight :emperor. The photo on the left is more up to date (and the braid is added just for fun :D ):

Susala, this is a absolutely beautiful sculpt.
The profile looks spot on!

The material you used for the hair, how is it different from the material used on the head? Is it a different brand? Is it comparatively softer?

I will definitely keep an eye on your work. Are you going to sculpt a Padmé next? Then we'd have the hero trio from AOTC together.

Thanks. :)

@Freakazoid!

The material I used for the hair is Super Sculpey Firm, the head was made of Super Sculpey Living Doll.
Sculpey Firm is more firm (when cold) than Living Doll, but if it is warmed up by kneading and sculpting it gets really soft :confused: .

(Sorry for my bad English)

----------------------------------------

btw:
Here are some new pics of my Luke Goss (Prince Nuada) head sculpt:

Digitally painted Luke Goss head as Nomak (Blade 2) and Nuada :D :

Last edited:
Back