My first real attempt at custom made trousers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanbayliss

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've made a few pieces of 1/6 clothing but this is the first time I have attempted something this complicated.
The waistband was very fiddly and the hardest part to do, that's why my stitching is far from perfect there.

I'm still waiting for the velcro for the fly and I want to source a tiny button from somewhere.

763f6672.jpg

f65d2f1a.jpg

a32c6f53.jpg

I am especially proud of the double welt pockets. The first one didn't turn out too good but this one was a lot better.

fc176475.jpg

I hope you all like this. I have taken great inspiration from Kato's work and I hope that one day I will be able to match his mastery.

Ryan Bayliss

Thanks a lot.

I was going for a Chino which is pretty much Khakis, so I guess I was successful.

I'm thinking of making a suit jacket and matching pants for my next project.

very very impressive for a first attempt. looks much better than a lot of the crap you can get on ebay, and i only wish i had a tenth of your skills. looking forward to seeing more :clap

yeah, crotch looks like it needs a little more seam, otherwise spot on. Good job mate :hi5:

:clap Ryan

Great work. My only comment would be that the crotch is too low. But the pockets are exceptional and everything else looks terrific.

This is the kind of advice I love. I hadn't actually noticed the crotch being too low and you're dead right.

That is something I will fix on my next project.

Brilliant. Thank you.

Great work.

very very impressive for a first attempt. looks much better than a lot of the crap you can get on ebay, and i only wish i had a tenth of your skills. looking forward to seeing more :clap

Exactly what I was thinking. I've paid pretty high prices for stuff that doesn't look half as good as this.

Here are my first and second ever attempt at 1/6 scale pants, they are not as detailed as yours. I didn't even try to include pockets.

DSC_0005-3.jpg

I think those are great. Keep it up, we could all use more tailors around here.* Very nice work.

*i'm gonna need some figure pants soon...

Back