My first Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may rest assured that UK Royal Mail has the same rules as the Dutch Royal Mail

Within the UK, the service that I use is called Special Delivery which is the best option. I have sent about 50 statues by this service with only one arriving damaged - a Moria Orc Archer. On this occasion, a claim was made and after about six weeks the full sale price was refunded, along with the postage costs and the buyer was also allowed to keep the amaged statue (the only damage was to to chainmail that hangs down between his legs).

I fully understand about the ways in which two or more devious people could manipulate the system in order to get the money for a damaged statue but there are always those who seek to exploit any system. I think the money lost by these individuals is a small price to pay for the business that they receive by offering insured and guarenteed deliveries. Admittedly this should not be a cost that the postal service should have to bare but it would be a small fraction of their business. I would also imagine that they monitor the frequency and location of claims in order to spot any persistent claimers.

Hmmmm......I'm wondering about something here people. I listed my auction on ebay as available for shipment worldwide. Yet, when I try to find my auction with the American ebay version, I cant find my auction at all! Does this mean my auction is only available to Europeans?? Because if thats the case then I'm not going to be very happy. That means there will be alot less chance my auction will go for a nice price.

You live and learn B. I had my first auction the other week, and my title was deficient, so I had the same problem, that the item wasn't as exposed. You, however, have given all the information in your title, so I don't know what is going on there. What I did, because no-one had bid on it yet, was to up the starting price from ten cents to $50. All I got was $50, where the same thing hadn't sold for under $75. That's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe you have time to put in a higher starting price.

I already figured it out :) I had to tag the "search worldwide" option in order for it to search the rest of the world :doh

I had better clarify my last post then. I live and learn. :lol
Thanks for that B E, I wondered about that. I will know the next time. Hoping your auction gets some more attention and you get more Euro's. 7 bids so far and four days to go. Lookin good.

I had to tag the "search worldwide" option in order for it to search the rest of the world
And that is, IMO, one of the biggest bugs/flaws in the eBay search system. If you don't explicitly check that box, what is the default scope of your search? It certainly isn't limited to your own region. I know, because I rarely remember to check the box, yet I almost always get results in my searches from far distant lands (I'm in the US, and I frequently see auctions from the UK, France, Italy, Australia, Germany, Singapore, and numerous other countries, all without the box checked). And yet, without checking the box, I couldn't see your auction.
:dunno

I'm pretty damn sure it has not always been like that. They added that feature only recently. I dont like it at all though. I can understand if you want to limit the search to your own country, but most of the time, we are just looking for the best/cheapest price.

As far as I know, it's a feature that has always been there.

But, as someone living in the UK.. I usually like to see whats available here in the UK/Europe first as it's cheaper to ship and there ain't customs to worry about. It's no big hassle checking the "worldwide" box anyway.

Well I just sold mine for EUR380 or $470 :hat Not too bad. I was aiming for $450 so I think I've pretty much got what I wanted for it. The only mistake I've seemed to have made is the time the auction ended. I should have let it end at a time when there's more people online so they can bid on it. Having it end at 11:30 in the morning isnt the best choice I've noticed. Oh well, a lesson learned for next time :idea

re

The best advice i could offer would also be,
if your selling a statue youv seen go before for high price, ie your fell beast, list it so that it ends about 2 days into the new month, everyones got paid the end of the month, and feels more comfortable spending there hard earned cash then!
It seems to work for me!
:p

Back