My FIRST 3.75" GI JOE RAH figure(s) were . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
It was around Christmas in 1982. I was in the hospital recovering from surgery. It was a Sunday evening and Meteor was playing on the local ABC affiliate TV station. My mom was with me in the hospital. I had a visitor. One of my mother's friends from church. She brought me an early Christmas/get well gift. Two GI JOE figures, Breaker and Zap. They were the first issue run (pre-swivel arm grip). I was excited and happy. A couple of days later, Breaker and Zap was joined by Snake Eyes, Flash, Stalker, and Rock 'N Roll along with the Grandslam and the H.A.L. courtesy of my mother and father.

AH . . . childhood memories.

The first one I remember getting was Airtight. I got him at the mall (KB Toys or the equivalent back in those days). I think I already lost some of his hoses in the car before getting home, because I didn't wait to rip into that bad boy.

I've still got him, and he's still a really great figure.

Short Fuze was my first figure. Cobra Trooper was the second. I think. Both had straight arms.

Something makes me want to say that it wasn the officer, and not the trooper. I haven't looked at those figures in a while.

Last edited:
straight arm short fuze...

IMG_6183.jpg

:rock

Breaker was the first joe. It was 1982 or 83' around the holidays. Montgomery Ward had a glass case of Star Wars figures then Joes in the kids clothing dept in Daily City, Ca.
breaker.jpg

ZARTAN! That's probably why I have such a fondness for the character.

He and Wild Bill (with the Dragonfly) were the ONLY G.I. Joe figs I had as a kid, sadly. I was more of a Star Wars/Transformers guy. It's only now, over 25 years later, that I'm rediscovering G.I. Joe...and wishing I had paid more attention in my youth! What a great franchise. Well, the 80's stories anyway.

Straight Arm Snake-eyes from a toystore called toyville....

'82 Snake Eyes for Christmas and then at some point the '82 Cobra. I remember accidentally popping his leg off while trying to pull him through the door of the Millennium Falcon.

I love vintage I still have all of them, complete set 82-83 4 EVER :rock

Guess u can put 84 in there but that's not old school enough for me...

The jet pack jump pad. I was pretty young and didn't see the "figure sold separately" on the box. Lets just say I wasn't all that happy. It took a while before the store got the figures in so my brother and I drilled holes in the back of our Fisher Price figures to use the jet pack. But the first figure was straight arm Snake. To hell with video games, toys were everything. These kids sure don't know what they missed.

Back