My DX JOker eyes are broken!...now what?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompiato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a big problem here...yesterday I decided to chance the pose of my DX Joke and of course that includes the change in his eyes and guess what!...while I was moving them, one of them got stuck while the other still moved. I removed the screws and the whole joystick just to find out that one of the connections with the eye was broken!!...

How can I fix it?...Have you ever experienced this? what's the best solution? (I know you ara gonna tell me to buy a new head, but that's way too expensive!!) thanks!

JULIO

Why not post in the DC boards where more people share and would be willing to assist with your problem? :huh ;)

I think there're already 3-4 threads there discussing this very issue.

shoulda left it alone

It's a figure not a statue. If you can't handle it, play with it, change it's pose, or whatever, then the product is defective.

back on topic,
Hot toys fixed this with all following PERS figures. they acknowledged the joker design was faulty.

there are a few posts in the dx joker thread about fixing this problem.

Ok thanks for your comments...will check this issue in the DC board...see ya guys!...oh by the way I do not play with it all the time, I keep my figures at display all the time but as some of you said it is supposed to be made to change its pose from time to time...but well...let's see what possible solution they have for it!

IMG_0205-1.jpg

Same thing happpened to me. Hopefully, If yours broke like mine, it was just the connector that moves the eyes simutaneously that breaks.I just unscrewed the back (there's little tiny screws) and you should still be able to move the indvidual eyes seperately. Its a bit of hassle but its better than having post#11 sitting on your shelf....

Same thing happpened to me. Hopefully, If yours broke like mine, it was just the connector that moves the eyes simutaneously that breaks.I just unscrewed the back (there's little tiny screws) and you should still be able to move the indvidual eyes seperately. Its a bit of hassle but its better than having post#11 sitting on your shelf....

I find Post #11 very befitting of Joker fans, though. :huh:lol

Sorry to bump an old thread. Let me start by saying that I have limited display space at home, so I keep a lot of my collectibles in storage and switch my display piece every now and then. I have two DX jokers that I have left in storage in months...I have barely touched each one of them. Last night I decided to take one out and have a pose around with it....and what do you know!? The bloody right eye just stopped moving all together!!!!! _____***! I take great care of my collectibles and always handle them with care, I understand that they are not cheap robust toys, so I always handle them as carefully as I could. This is just unacceptable, I hate to rant but this is not a cheap collectible, if I pay good money for something, I expect them to not just break down within a year or so...like I said, I rarely even touched them and when I do, I always handle them with care. The problem is that I have had the DX01 for over a year now and I did not buy it directly from Hot Toys store (got it from a Hong Kong toy dealer), does anyone know if this is still replaceable? I am very angry and disappointed about this... Take extra extra care handling your dx joker everybody :(

Sorry to bump an old thread. Let me start by saying that I have limited display space at home, so I keep a lot of my collectibles in storage and switch my display piece every now and then. I have two DX jokers that I have left in storage in months...I have barely touched each one of them. Last night I decided to take one out and have a pose around with it....and what do you know!? The bloody right eye just stopped moving all together!!!!! _____***! I take great care of my collectibles and always handle them with care, I understand that they are not cheap robust toys, so I always handle them as carefully as I could. This is just unacceptable, I hate to rant but this is not a cheap collectible, if I pay good money for something, I expect them to not just break down within a year or so...like I said, I rarely even touched them and when I do, I always handle them with care. The problem is that I have had the DX01 for over a year now and I did not buy it directly from Hot Toys store (got it from a Hong Kong toy dealer), does anyone know if this is still replaceable? I am very angry and disappointed about this... Take extra extra care handling your dx joker everybody :(

If you didn't go through HT don't bother contacting them. Have to go through wherever you got it from, and by the sounds of it you're SOL having bought the figure a year ago.

I would say it's extremely unlikely HT's will replace this now since this has been out of production for quite some time now.

However, you could give it a try and send them a sob story (legitimate) and see what happens, sorry for your luck.

After all this i will never move the eyes on mine again, this is like the second one in a couple of weeks to break on here, i wonder about climate and such where these are being displayed... :/

M.

If you didn't go through HT don't bother contacting them. Have to go through wherever you got it from, and by the sounds of it you're SOL having bought the figure a year ago.

This whole buying from HT's is ridiculous... someone bought them from them to begin with, it's their product that's faulty, it doesn't make any difference where you got it from... they need replacement plans like best buy or something.

M.

Since this has been brought forward I will transfer it to the DC section.
I hope things work out for you :duff
x :peace

Back