My dog nearly died

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of paralysis ticks that you've described. Hope they aren't in AZ.

Paralyses tick found in Australia only.The Paralysis tick is mostly along the eastern coast of Australia, but has been reported in Western Australia as well. It can also be found inland in suitable habitats. Ticks need humidity and mild weather to develop and will not survive and breed in cold climates

I hope your doggy pulls through bud. You and your dog don't deserve to go through with this. Your doggy is in my hearts and prayers. Such a cutie. *hugs*

Attachments

• baroness1s.jpg
    baroness1s.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3
So sorry to hear and hope he recovers well.

Dogs are AWESOME! I took mine to the park today, then a charity dogwash with hot Scottsdale women bathing them, then to an outside patio bar to watch college football all day. They're ultimate wingmen. I will miss them dearly when God reclaims them. They are best friends, no doubt.

I've never heard of paralysis ticks that you've described. Hope they aren't in AZ.

Very sorry to hear. My condolences. What breed?

Sheltie
View attachment 28627

My parents don't want to get another dog just yet, but they want to get 2 shelties next time, really good breed.

Got call from the vet this afternoon and they said he maybe able to come home tomorrow if there are no problems with him tonight.:pray:
He is still very weak from the tick poison but it's good to hear that he will be OK.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words:1-1:
This is why i love this forum,some of us are more than just collectors:family

So sorry to hear and hope he recovers well.

Dogs are AWESOME! I took mine to the park today, then a charity dogwash with hot Scottsdale women bathing them, then to an outside patio bar to watch college football all day. They're ultimate wingmen. I will miss them dearly when God reclaims them. They are best friends, no doubt.

Very sorry to hear. My condolences. What breed?

It's not type of tick that matters, as much as what they carry. Ticks can carry certain types of bacteria, some of which include the Ehrlichia and Anaplasma. It's the bacteria that creates paralysis and the manifestation of symptoms. I'm in Florida, and I see a handful of patients every year that present symptomatically with signs of tick-borne illness.

Back