My Custom Troopers and whatever else comes up along the way.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, no interest in battle droids....but this is a whole different thing...it seems. great job, man.

I haven't seen any other custom droids. I agree with hellion that the droids are portraid a bit on the lame side but this one is tough!
I wonder how you spray paint but keep the joints free from being stuck?

I haven't seen any other custom droids. I agree with hellion that the droids are portraid a bit on the lame side but this one is tough!
I wonder how you spray paint but keep the joints free from being stuck?

Awesome man! I'm glad he comes off looking the part! I started with light coats. I sprayed a few metallic silver coats first (paint and primer in one) and then i sprayed over with a primer gray. I didn't go too heavy on the primer because I wanted some parts to show the metallic. You can't really see it too well in photos though :slap

As far as the joints go, any parts I missed i just went back at them with a brush. I just mixed some metallic gunmetal-like silver, black and lighter grey. The only real pain in the *** were the drums that attach the legs to the body. For some reason the spray paint wouldn't dry there so I just went at it with a brush and some acrylic and it worked out well. Luckily the mixture matched up with the spray.

I'd love to see what you do man!

So I just wanted to post this to sort of start to drop a bit of info on the Sith/Trooper. This is the concept art for him my buddy Eli and I put together for his appearance. The explanation to his armor design comes from his original identity as a Togruta.

image_zps03c019a1.jpg

Here's my Commander Bow. This guy was my second custom I did about 2 months so. I'm still pretty stoked on him even though there are some things I might have done differently with a little more knowledge today. He has a black kama but you can't really see it and I'm pretty bummed about that. Anyway, here he is :)

image_zps23677238.jpg

image_zps74f386be.jpg

image_zps2038a180.jpg

image_zps16dd6498.jpg

image_zpsb6735bda.jpg

Thanks man! It's rad to hear that from one of my favorite customizer/artists on here!

:bow :bow :bow

LOL, thanks but I'm a fan of yours. Now, I'm gong to have to steal some of your ideas. Killer stuff really glad you started your own thread.

Last edited:
Oh piss on you! :clap:thud::yess: Look at that fantastic 501st paint job. All three are awesome. Everything is awesome.
Each photo gets better and better. Keep them coming. :clap I am torn between jealousy and .... No... nothing else....that is it ....just plain jealousy.
I feel like I just got slapped in the face by the military's shock & awe handbook!:thud:

So I just wanted to post this to sort of start to drop a bit of info on the Sith/Trooper. This is the concept art for him my buddy Eli and I put together for his appearance. The explanation to his armor design comes from his original identity as a Togruta.

image_zps03c019a1.jpg

That's not just art, that's love and passion.

AWESOME stuff, man.

Here's my Commander Bow. This guy was my second custom I did about 2 months so. I'm still pretty stoked on him even though there are some things I might have done differently with a little more knowledge today. He has a black kama but you can't really see it and I'm pretty bummed about that. Anyway, here he is :)

image_zps23677238.jpg

image_zps74f386be.jpg

image_zps2038a180.jpg

image_zps16dd6498.jpg

image_zpsb6735bda.jpg

Great lookin' Commander Bow. :clap Commander Bow was the 1st Clone custom I made, and the 1st project I posted on this board. So it's always great to see another take on the character. Once again, kudos man. Keep up the good work.

Wow man, good stuff here. I really like your paint apps and weathering, well done.

Your custom 501st troopers look awesome. Was the other trooper design from the "Clone wars" series or did you make that up? Either way, looks great.

You can always go back and revisit older customs and use new methods/techniques. I do it all the time, so dont get bummed out. :)

Welcome to the party, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Oh piss on you! :clap:thud::yess: Look at that fantastic 501st paint job. All three are awesome. Everything is awesome.
Each photo gets better and better. Keep them coming. :clap I am torn between jealousy and .... No... nothing else....that is it ....just plain jealousy.
I feel like I just got slapped in the face by the military's shock & awe handbook!:thud:

HAHAHA!! Thanks so much dude! Now I need to arm some of these dudes up and work on that photo edit skill! I've been reading your threads for some tips.

Back