My custom justice league and teen titans-last pageHal Jordan GL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My custom justice league and teen titans

Green lantern was made by numo I don't know much about the sculptor maybe someone here can give some thoughts on it.I'll be getting it sometime this week i believe but it looks good but he doesn't drill the heads deep enough in my opinion. So when i send this and modified head for the flash i will need them to drill in a little more like .5"

Im thinking about buying the 13" dcd lantern and just taking the lantern and hands. (ill make a copy of hands and just re-sell hal) If i were to take the 3 other heads and make 3 other lanterns would anyone be interested in buying them from me, Tomar would probably be more in cost since i have to sculpt him a tail so i may have to charge 200 flat for him every one else will be about 185. they will be without lanterns just an fyi. but all will be on new 1/6th scale muscle bodies.

Found the perfect body for green lantern, I also decided to use a slim but muscular body for the flash. I know i am going to get ragged on for doing this but there isn't a propper slim but musular body out there that looks exactly like flash since muscle tone is as follows from bigger to smallest. Superman then Hawkman then Batman,Green Lantern and Aquaman(tied similar bodies) then flash. granted this depends on the artist rendering but flash is slimmer than the other members and even med builds have a nice chest but fat stomach area no wasp waist it's disappointing..

i could remake wonder woman for those interested just can't reproduce shield since i dont have equipment for that but i do have enough metal to make maybe 3 more. but you guys would have to produce body

I decided to make a copy of this sculpt and remove ear and those things on his head and make a sculpted flash piece. then recast that to make a whole new flash head. the original i may keep for a cap.

i made a sculpt on a fist for green lantern i did my best just cant get it smaller without complications arising. this is based on his 80's ring from comics IMG_0493.jpg

Looks ok got any WIP Pics of green lantern ?

the ankle broke on figure so i need a new body to start over for green lantern

That's too bad Groovy but I still like to see how he's looking.

fixed ring now it looks better.
im doing 70's and early 80's style
10449927_10202173813977357_1817150154187987972_n.jpg

i just need to clean off excess but it is finished and just cast it in white.

Aquaman's would be head
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0550.jpg

Does anyone know what the plastic stuff you can sculpt with and all you need to do is heat up to sculpt or add more to it.

Looking good Just a Tip paint the hair white first and then your desired color it will look much nicer.

I wanted dark lowlights in hair which is why I painted over brown color. Some golden blonds have darker casts. Since the darker parts are more random I may go over them with a bronze yellow

Designed a custom golden blonde Color for further use
1. combine burnt sienna and titanium white to get a creamy color (1st color)
2. mix cadmium orange, cadmium yellow deep hue and bronze yellow (2nd color)
3. combine number one and 2 leave some set aside for eyebrows you need eyebrows to be shade darker.
4. if color get's darger just add small amt of white.
5. add yellow oxide to this it will make an awesome golden blonde.

10530949_10202194654018345_7863568692370552049_n.jpg
10438536_10202194652698312_4228456156211962726_n.jpg

pics are blurry but you can see color the 1st attempt came out to yellow for me but this looks so much better in person that pics can't pick up. it looks more yellowish in pics but golden in person. the orange adds some gold hue to it and the oxide adds the needed tone to finalize it. I tried to add red but it ended up pinky color where as a really light orange like cadmium it's perfect. what the white and sienna does is give you a flat blonde base to work with. if i was doing platinum id use alot more white and touch of blue or violet. for baby blonde maybe some small amt's of oxide or ocre yellow

Last edited:

Nice job I don't care for the dark low-lights and I think it looks a little messy.

you'll see the clean version latter. i took pics before i cleaned up. I did low lights because if you don't it looks fake like ubber fake cheep poly wig fake . blonde will have warm tones and cool tones for golden blonde it will look like this because the shadows are cast.

this is a piss poor dishwater blonde hot toys did

HT EX 369C.JPG
dishwater has corn silk pale cream blonde tips where sun hits, then honey blonde for majority of hair and shades of ash blonde. this is a frosted cap fake blonde.
with blondes do a dark base unless your doing platinum. then coat with all over color and then lightly fast brush highlights.

unless you go in and hand paint every area that isn't hit by light and touch a spot and all area's hitting light gets lighter shade. it's very tricky to get that look.and you could get what ht did or worse the ones dragon toys did where it was yellow.

485513_459982724085879_1579753958_n.jpg
Golden blonde on females now if it didn't look crappy you could brush in dark roots on rooted hair.

1341011493_12-lilo-hair-1500.jpg
this is platinum gold which the gold is the low lights

es-man-blonde-hair.jpg
Gold blonde on male see the dark peeks showing through gold if there was a better way i would have found it by now.

platinumchristina2.jpg
this is platinum white

MTIwOTEwMTc2NjM0MDc0MTQy.jpg
platinum blonde (faint yellow cast)

the platinum's are easier by far than gold or ash due to low lights being the only color not cream color white.

Yea this did look messy because i didn't hand paint each individual strand of hair for hours. I don't have time to sit and decide which get's dark which get's light and which get's gold. this was the fastest solution.

Maybe im wrong but i thought custom bashes took some work. I just saw on ebay some dude in Australia used the same phicen as me but use the stock hair which photographed well but looks god awful in person.. one word (pubes)I'm just saying... they then threw on a costume that was probably purchased and is selling it for near 500 dollars.. Maybe i could do that but then people wouldn't pay for mine because I put work into it. it took 3 weeks to make my wonder woman. 3 8hr days just re-rooting hair. then having to style it twice because black hair doesn't hold curl for some reason. they told me another figure i saw sold for 700 i couldn't believe it because that figure was terrible as well.

I'm just confused people buy terribly made figures for ridiculous amt of money and don't buy very well done figures because the background is stylish. So to prove this theory I will make another one and post it on Ebay and i''ll even sell it at a reasonable price and bet it doesn't sell because i don't use a stylish background.

Wow Groovy she looks Great! :cool:

Back