My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Quality work mate

Look awesome when it's finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

411833734.jpg

Thanks.

Starting on the display case/stand maybe today, but def by weekend.

Nice work, especially for first time. Foam carving is fun, but it can make a mess. If you get good with it you will be surprised by how much you can make with foam. It's probably one of the top mediums used at the studio. Most large scale statues you see at parks and amusement places and museums are done with foam. In some form. Well at least a large percentage. I used to hate working with it.

Nice work, especially for first time. Foam carving is fun, but it can make a mess. If you get good with it you will be surprised by how much you can make with foam. It's probably one of the top mediums used at the studio. Most large scale statues you see at parks and amusement places and museums are done with foam. In some form. Well at least a large percentage. I used to hate working with it.

I remember doing a tour of the ranch in Hawaii where they do a lot of filming and there was left over set items and they told us how it was all made of foam. I was amazed! They were huge pieces too!

Yeah. Most people don't know. Here's a few my family studio is working on for a huge nativity display at a Orlando theme park...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Very cool. Did you recognize anything?

Nice. That's always fun. My dad worked on JP and lost, though only one season if I remember correctly. Might have been just the pilot. Hard to recall everything.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll get better/faster as I go. Started the first few lumber cuts tonight, but ran out of daylight.

Supposed to be crappy weekend [rain] so not sure how much more I'll work on the case, but I can always works on the diorama itself.

Put a few hours in, then my router burst into black smoke :p :) Oh well......back at it tomorrow.....

Put a few hours in, then my router burst into black smoke :p :) Oh well......back at it tomorrow.....

That sucks. Lol have you looked into a new one? I often use my dremel with a router adapter. Works ok for small detail stuff. And then I don't have to take my router table apart.

Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

I don't know "joint terminology" - I'm making the square cut down the center of 2x2s to accommodate panel sides of the case. It was an inexpensive entry level router. I put too much stress on it :p

I bought a nice one w a table.

You'll like the table I think. Has so many cool functions. If you really get into it you may want to look at Kreg jigs. Menards carrys a wide selection. Makes router work a lot easier. (In case you don't know-a jig is more or less a pattern..just constructed so it's reusable with the router thousands of times.)

Back