My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Ok cool thanks, I'll check into it.

Turned my garage into my workshop this afternoon. Screwed up one board, so came to a halt until run to store tomorrow. Here are some pix:

Before I got table. Hand routering is ugly, Lol
cd315b4d99c5b12010064206933b5491.jpg

The sides with have no nails, glue etc, just cut joints for luan to sit in. [like picture frame]
db517df843a0cc8340d29f8a5cc0e8c1.jpg

8f46f80c38e661d0e939d7c104f8e8e0.jpg

This pic will give you idea of the scale with the hammer and water bottle. The top half will be where glass/diorama is of course. :) The small square piece of luan is just so you see how it slots in and covers sides. The doors will go on end you see them propped on. Plenty of space for box storage :yess:
975a926c8123257d4eeb1130c168f225.jpg

Last edited:

Nice. Yeah hand router..not easy. The jigs help with that too. Some things you can't use the table for, or it's just to awkward..those jigs make it easy. First one I bought was a dovetail jig. That makes such a cool looking join. Without the jig it's near impossible. Lol but they got all kinds of cool stuff.

Anyway...

Your getting there. Are you planning to stain it? Or try inlay?

It'll be black. All the furniture in my office/rec room is black. There's this gel/paint stuff we used on something else that looks good. Easy to hide my flaws :) :)

The table router joints are great. Don't look like a novice did them. :p [not in pix]

I'm going to slot the top 2x2s so the glass will just slide in/out to pose figures, clean etc. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing for the lid/top to accommodate lighting...

It's nice. I wasn't a fan of most vette generations but the newest ones look pretty good. Like an Aston or a Ferrari almost.

Great car! I've always been more drawn to the classics, with a 57 convertible being my favorite, but the newer ones are looking quite impressive.

Yeah, they incorporated a European influence in there. I think the Stingrays are the best since the 70s.

It's 90% the Mrs.' ride, but I drive it from time-to-time. :)

Nice. Lol

I agree the sting rays are great. I didn't like the 70s body style myself. I'm a big car fan. Love checking out the new stuff. Go to the Detroit auto show most years.

That is true. Nice looking rides.

Thanks. I kinda have to disassemble it to route the top notches for the glass. It's pretty easy though. Happy so far.

The prep work is fun, but I can't wait to actually set them up :)

Back