My Bishop custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordmasterprince

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Greetings ! This is my first post in this forum. Like most of the Aliens fans here, I made a Bishop as well. And like everyone else , I also start by getting a Frank Black figure. Start by repainting the head, however I did not use the original sideshow body. Sideshow body is taller and bigger build than the hottoys USCM. I don't want Bishop to be "bigger and stronger" than the bada$$ marines,and that's why I use a old Dragon body instead. This makes the overall size more in line with the rest of my USCM and Ripley. I molded Ripley's "Bugstomper" with body filler putty and then modified it to Bishop's mid-cut version . I also painted the body the same colour as the face as well.

2715497661_39b8a38cba_o.jpg

2715498575_4e491c7678_o.jpg

2716311454_72c925b76a_o.jpg

2715498017_c39f54f18a_o.jpg

2715499023_ef3068b46f_o.jpg

2715499427_bd961e4e54_o.jpg

2716313182_53728e32c1_o.jpg

2715500135_71ed9e13a8_o.jpg

2715500455_ea20fea3c8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Thanks for posting the details. I always appreciate what someone else does in their customs or bashes.

It looks very nice. I've repainted the Frank Black head a couple of times, but it didn't look as much like him as this. My problem with the sculpt is that the details are kind of soft, but you've done a good job of using paint to help out the likeness. I see you are using the same jumpsuit as I am for my Bishop. Where did you get the patches?

It looks very nice. I've repainted the Frank Black head a couple of times, but it didn't look as much like him as this. My problem with the sculpt is that the details are kind of soft, but you've done a good job of using paint to help out the likeness. I see you are using the same jumpsuit as I am for my Bishop. Where did you get the patches?

Actually the Frank Black head is very well sculpted. The detail is soft ,like you said . But I prefer this type of natural details to ,say, Ada's interpretation. Ada's version does have the likeliness, but the details are more exaggerated and somewhat a bit too rough to my taste. I have not painted up Ada's version yet, but I think a few trails can bring out the best of the sculpt. For this Frank Black head, I sprayed it with Tamiya Deck Tan in can. Then I use a brown water base felt tip pen to draw on the recess areas. After that I use a Q-tip to spread out the brown , the brown ink will turn into a really realistic pinkish red which looks like vain rashes . Try it out , it is very easy and effective. :naughty
Oh , for the patch, it is just a print out on normal paper. Stuck it on with double side tape.:D

Stellar job lord. In all honesty the only thing I can say is, the outfit looks a little too scrunchy. Woopie do. It looks great and it's great to look at. What is it about Lance that says you must love the guy? Well, at least, like a lot, and your figure just enforces that feeling in me.

Welcome to the boards lordmasterprince, let's share your other great Alien stuffs here too........

Looks like you find scale important, even the zipper fits in (must be the tinniest I have ever seen)

No doubt who this is supposted to represent - very nice, I like it :)

Really nice work... by far the best repaint of a Frank Black head I've seen! And great work on the shoes as well :rock

Thank You all for the kind comments! And yes, a damaged version is in progress. I believe icruise had done this before and it looks really good. I thought I will also give this a try. This time I am using ADA's head sculpt with the left over sideshow body from Frank Black , well half in this case. :lol Here are some WIP pictures.

2764490742_5ea5595542_o.jpg

2763647387_ee95eca551_o.jpg

Back