My AVATAR cast signed poster.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's look at Stephen Lang. It looks like the signature above the "AT" in AVATAR is what they're representing as Lang:

BorlngmkKGrHqQH-CwEuYw1oB-IBLoCcP-g.jpg

Here is an image of an autograph from a private signing of his:

Autographed-Stephen%20Lang%20Autographed%20Avatar%20Amp%20Suit%20Photo-Memorabilia__4726_L_ImageProcessor.jpg

Autographed-Stephen%20Lang%20Autographed%20Avatar%20Amp%20Suit%20Photo-Memorabilia__4727_L_ImageProcessor.jpg

I don't even have to explain how the one on the poster looks nothing like the real one.

Finally, I'll leave you with examples of "full" signatures of Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington that have been authenticated by PSA.

I believe in this image, the Saldana signature is supposed to be above the "TAR" in AVATAR:

Here is a real full signature:

saldana_zps64b714e4.jpg

The "Worthington" on the poster is in the far top left in this image:

[/IMG]

Here is a real full signature:

worthington_zps62d35333.jpg

It's clear that the letter formations are not even a little close for either signature.

Finally, if you look at the overall poster, you can see that many of the signatures have evidence that they were all written by the same hand. Notice how all of the signatures with large letters and broad strokes all tend to have similar formations and all seem to be going in the same direction. Notice how on the more "complex" signatures, all look carefully drawn on instead of signed in the hand of each actor.

I'd be happy to continue to help in any way and answer any questions. Please consider my signature study in comparison to the signatures on the poster.

And one final thought on those "proof pictures"--

Consider those images. They're clearly signing for autograph hounds at premieres in those pictures. There's supposed to be 100 of these "special VIP posters". Are we supposed to assume that those people stood there and signed 100 posters a row in that kind of environment? It doesn't make any sense.

Ouch. Sorry Snake. That's some crazy evidence. I don't really know that much about this sort of stuff, but Oz kinda seems like he/she knows what they're talking about.

Woooo...necro thread. For GAWDS SAKE, that poster looks as fake as hell, even without all the back up evidence. Some of the sigs even look like they were written by the same person.. :lol

God that sucks,but as long as there are fans throwing money, theres going to be scumbags trying to catch it. :(

It really is such a shame that there are such dishonest people out there. I noticed that Jediguy posted in support of the poster in this thread, and I see in his collectibles thread he's posted a whole bunch of these fake posters he bought for his own collection. I dropped him a note in his thread.

If I could help fellow collectors avoid wasting their hard-earned money on fake collectibles, I feel like it's worth the time in posting this signature study.

My advice to all collectors who want to buy autographs is this: consider the dealer-dealer reputation is very important; but above all deeply consider the signatures. If it looks wrong, it's wrong. Never say to yourself, "this doesn't look like a real autograph but it comes with a great COA"... you'll regret it.

Nash was the man years ago and still is today. Solidsnake au contraire has always been an over enthusiam crazy immature fan. This is what happen in the end.I bet Solidsnake will still denied the fraud. Guy lovess his $400 fake sign poster. Lol

Oh and Avatar still sucks.

If anyone's interested in learning more about how to spot a fake autograph, I've done a massive signature study for Jedi at the end of this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124673&page=4

Like I said before, I'd be happy to help authenticate any autographs for anyone on this forum BEFORE you buy! It's the least I can do to help fellow collectors secure good items for their collections.

Back