My 2nd custom, 1:6 Louie the Exterminator - Orgininal character

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmperorPredator

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
This is my second custom figure. I chose to create one of the characters I designed. I am happy with it, but I know I can do a lot better with better materials and more knowledge.

Some background on Louie the Exterminator.

I originally sketched out the untitled portrait several years ago, for a graffiti exhibit in New York. However, earlier this year, the sketches were re-imagined as a science-fiction exterminator, for a concept art exhibit in Los Angeles. Louie finally received a completed identity and a full 3-dimensional treatment for the 1/6th expo, held at Frank & Son collectible show.
Louie is a post-apocalyptic, slug-like humanoid, based around an unidentified male 1/6 scale figure, labeled Mattel Inc. 1975, Taiwan, with a total of 22 points of articulation including flexibility at each of his finger-like, tentacles. He poses very well, but because of his exceptional weight including his equipment, he doesn’t hold positions easily and the stand is required to hold him up.
Louie’s outfit consists of a black cotton short-sleeve t-shirt, a pair of brown cotton overalls with a breast pocket and authentic metal fasteners, a forest green exterminator jacket with a New York city Dept. of extermination logo on the back, and a pair of red Velcro-strapped exterminator boots that Louie Calls “roach stompers”, since he loves stomping roaches. He has actual feet in his shoes.
Louie has a number of accessories. First off is the back-mounted JR-74 multi-unit, which houses a power cell and converter, twin duo-spotlights, and the Xeno flush unit. Louie also has a point and shoot spray-gun and a high powered vacuum for sucking up those gross critters, but best of all he’s got the CPU-adapt module. The adapt module combines neuro-technology and a manual interface, to simplify complex commands and allow communication between user and gadgets of all types. This high tech component is an assist unit for the manually challenged and designed specifically for operators like Louie, who would normally be unable to operate machinery intended for humans. Louie also has a few solution refill canisters for his spray gun.
Louie’s features include The Twin Duo-spotlights mounted on the JR-74, and a super cool infra red light built into the CPU-adapt module, for sneaking up on those nocturnal pests. The CPU adapt module fingers and Louie’s hands have integrated magnets so he can hang onto any of his equipment with the CPU or bare handed. He also has a switch on the back of his head, which controls his eye movement. His pupils are reflective gold and his eyes are glossy. Louie’s eyes are positioned on opposite sides of his head and each hemisphere of his brain operates independently, so he can visually process two separate fields of 180 degrees simultaneously.
I built Louie over the course of a week, including sculpting, painting, mechanics, electronics and concept design, minus the head of course. I used mighty putty for all sculpting, from the anatomy to all of Louie’s equipment and accessories. None of Louie’s accessories were pre-existing, everything was hand sculpted and finished off with spray cans. My wife Wendy made Louie’s entire outfit and I added the logos by hand. Finally, Louie’s boots were made with Mighty Putty and 1/8” inch sheets of foam. To our surprise Louie was only our second custom figure project, and he came in at 3rd place in the custom figure contest at the 1/6 Xpo.
-Peace, Jay

LouieConceptWeb.jpg

LouieWeb01.jpg

LouieWeb02.jpg

LouieWeb03.jpg

LouieWeb04.jpg

LouieWeb05.jpg

LouieWeb06.jpg

LouieWeb07.jpg

LouieWeb08.jpg

LouieWeb09.jpg

Fantastic work in every dept , from concept to finished figure . Exceptional stuff !:clap

Incredible figure and I really dig the concept. I could definately see a Louie Comic Book.

great custom!
was this the same figure that wendy reviewed over at hot chicks cool toy review?

It sure is. I am Jay/Jason of the show. You know the crazy one. :wink1:

Nice to see you over here Jay :wink1: very impressive work with the Exterminator :clap Looks Awesome -keep your custom fig,s up!!!!

Thank you I will. I defanitely will have more on the horizon. Nice to see you here.

Awesome original work. Good to see this brand of creativity :rock

Thanks I will more than likely continue to create my own characters for the most part. But there are some pre-existing characters that I might take on.

Very original, awesome job!

Thanks a lot!

Hi there Jay
that is just too cool for school, fantastic work and love your graphic image

:wave
Ian.

Thank you very much. I have lots more characters that hopefully I will create someday.

Fantastic work in every dept , from concept to finished figure . Exceptional stuff !:clap

Thank you. I enjoy showing the entire process, from concept to final creation. Glad you appreciated it.

Jay! Great to see you up on here! Definitely an awesome piece! Feel lucky to have seen it in person! Can't wait to see what you cook up next my dude!

Thanks man. Glad you saw it in person too. Can't wait to get up and hang out again. Hopefully sooner than later. Definitely got more cool stuff up my sleeve. Peace!

Incredible figure and I really dig the concept. I could definately see a Louie Comic Book.

Thanks!

Back