My 1st Oscar picks...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the trailer and much more post Lookin4Precious...it has jogged my memory on a few films now (Munich and First, Good night and Good Luck). I had heard some good buzz about the George Clooney flick (it just doesn't have a very memorable title hehe). As for Munich he did only just start filming that a little over 4 or so months ago (if memory serves me right). It's amazing how some films take years to be released (FX aside) and others take less then a year.

Despite my comments about how incredibly boring Malick pics are, I'm looking forward to New World as I'm fascinated by that period of history. Pocahantas was my favorite Disney musical. :wave

I wouldn't be surprised if Cinderella Man gets some notice, the Academy loves boring, earnest films that do poorly at the box office.

Good Night and Good Luck does look fascinating and Clooney has balls, shooting it in B&W. Important time in history and scary relevant today. Looking forward to it (unless it's earnest and boring).

Brokeback Mountain - sorry, not my cup of tea - but I am looking forward to Ledger in Casanova. I was also bored by Miramax's last mountain pic - Cold Mountain.

Charlize Theron gets ugly again in North Country which looks like a Norma Rae remake. Academy loves spunky girls that go up against "the man."

Capote, Cash, Murrow, Cinderella Man - could it be that all the "best actor" nominees will be based on real people? Now that would be interesting.

So here it is. The Domestic Trailer for "Memoirs of a Geisha." As it stands today, I would say that this is the frontrunner (though not by much) to win next year. However, there are those who feel that it is the film that will fall. There is usually one big hyped pic each year that upon release turns out to be a total dud (point in case "Alexander"). There is also the issue that nobody in the film is acutally Japenese.... but IMO... a moot point.

So here is the trailer. What do you guys think?

https://mp3content02.bcst.yahoo.com/bmfroot03/BMFShare03/yahoomovies/4/18236571.mov

Back