My 18" tall custom T-800 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T800001

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my fisrt time to post my old project that did few years ago.
The trigger to turn me on to start this project was a bad experience that trying to buy my first 24" tall CM T-850 statue. The story was after I had pied the deposit for pre-order this all time favorite item, but i finally turn down the duel as the shop keeper need me to buy the T-X statue together or will cut my order. That's really suck! I can't be forced to do thing that i don't want to. so, my own terminator was born!

The idea was use a 18" Toybiz ultimate articulations Spiderman as the base body,and custom made outfit from jacket to the boots with PVC leather and my own head sculpt for the Arnold's face. fortunately, I'm a well turned artist to to such things,I also re-casted this head to a soft PU material for the hair rooting to imitated the realistic looking.
here are some pictures that I want to share with you..^^
head sculpting come first..enjoy it!

Here is what I made for the 18" tall body outfit.
I draw the styling design and asked my best friend to do this.made few time for back and fore,then the final look was acceptable. especially the small glove.
amazing work by the soft good team. thx!
the boots was made by mt own hands, trust me,that was my first time to learn from the internet.

The boring thing that I won't dare to do this once again was hair rooting stage.
I spent over 21hrs to got this done,an over night works.
I finished the clay sculpt and recasted it as a hard PU for sanding for smooth surface and than mold it as a soft PU for hair punching.
Finally i was turned myself to be a hair stylist to trim his hair, hair setting.

I love hair cutting, you need to do it very gentlely with careful trimming skill.you can't do this worng, coz you don't want to root hair again in red eye.
after few rounds for revision, than I use the hair gel to set all thing in the right
style looking.
also attached the fitting pic of the suit on body.

WOW.... just as Shai said.. your artistry is a sight to behold. Amazing work all around, cannot believe you put this together from scratch. It will be one hell of an awesome figure when you are done and more importantly... it will be one of a kind and always remind you of the journey you took to get it made. :rock

WOW.... just as Shai said.. your artistry is a sight to behold. Amazing work all around, cannot believe you put this together from scratch. It will be one hell of an awesome figure when you are done and more importantly... it will be one of a kind and always remind you of the journey you took to get it made. :rock

Oh Thx! DarkArtist,
concur,you will have real fun when doing this from planning to the whole thing done.
everyone should follow thier own dream and make it come ture!!
here is some snap shoots that i took few mins ago, My DC was down last week, and i hate that i can get all the pictures in good quality for you guys to see.
cell phone cam just like this...T.T:(

wow, that was amazing. question. when rooting hair do you have to make the sculpt a certain type of material or do you have to poke holes in the head. this is so interesting..

The final stage was so important, that means it will affect all the life likeness feeling to the figure---head painting.
I did this head paint few years ago, it look still a way off a bit to me now when I look back.
And at last I ordered a die cast plate for the Terminator logo and completed this figure with the wooden base stand.

After this project, I started the endless fire in my heart to complete the whole line of Arnold's characters from his best action movie.^^"

wow, that was amazing. question. when rooting hair do you have to make the sculpt a certain type of material or do you have to poke holes in the head. this is so interesting..

Hi Turtlepower,
yes, I need to mold this head sculpt in medium soft pvc material and then use a needle which cut the eyes hole on tail for hair rooting.
I learn this way from the internet that shows a lot of cool sic-fi movie props and the Hollywood effect. ^^

Keep that fire burning! What is next? Surely Conan?!

Sue! ^^Conan is on my list.
as all Terminator movies from 1st to 3rd, all almost done,
here is the after battle version that Im heading into.

some pix for sharing...^^

That looks great.

You should post more of your original creations.

Back