My 12" Batman Begins Collection including Ducard & Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
There is no "by far" Both have strength and weaknesses.

Yes there is. HT's Batman looks like a cartoon, while Takara's looks like they basically shrunk down Christian Bale in a batsuit to 1/6th the scale.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Yes there is. HT's Batman looks like a cartoon, while Takara's looks like they basically shrunk down Christian Bale in a batsuit to 1/6th the scale.

Exactly. It's really just the headsculpt that makes Takara better "by far". Hot Toys' head sculpt is so bad around the eyes and mouth.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Yes, an anorexic Christian Bale in a halloween costume. :monkey5

Dr.Mirakle32 said:

You mean shrunk down Willem Dafoe to a 15 yr old, the Tak body proportions (especially chest area) are embarrrassingly juvenile. And the more accurate head sculpt with "pez head" neck joint takes it another notch down...

I'll take the dead on film-accurate suit, cape, belt, body, weapony and weaker sculpt but superior one piece head/cowl articulation with the HT Bat MAN over Bat boy any day...

toybox_071806_3.jpg
NOJE-25s29-m-batman-401_368.jpg
bats2.jpg

It isn't too hard to see the winner here, when comparing both figs to the pic of Bale in the middle.

Takara version is the best to me, it's one of my favorite 12in figures now.

While those comparison pics do show Takara to be the clear winner in cowl sculpt accuracy, they also show how bulky Bale looks in that suit.

Actually, even the Takara cowl isn't quite accurate. It's not thick enough.

Thick or not or whatever else anybody wants to say he looks great in person.

Viking28 said:
Thick or not or whatever else anybody wants to say he looks great in person.
I'm not saying it's not a great figure, I just don't think it's the epiphany that some people are making it out to be. Not that it really matters to me in the end, it's not like I actually made either figure or own stock in the companies.

Let's just all like what we like, and call it a day. :D

hey Duck, can u post a close up pic of that Soveriegn Bats head? i can't make out how accurate the sculpt is in the pics u've posted.

i still can't believe nobody has switched the TAK head (or recast TAK head) onto the HT bod yet.

Back