Action Figure My 1/1 Predator Costume by Scott Marshall - Full Suit Up Video Added! Page 6 - 7/8/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My P1 Costume by Scott Marshall

Thanks everyone! As of right now, the Pred is flying from Canada to the USA. Hopefully he'll land in Boston sometime later today.
Not sure how long he'll take to clear customs, but I expect to have him in my possession early to mid next week :)

I also got a cheap mannequin so I can display this awesome beast when I'm not wearing it.
Btw, I'm 6'3" (slender/athletic) and according to Scott that is pretty much a great height and build for a decent fit in this costume :)

@ usswanker: I'll definitely be attending more Cons now! :)

@ Collector_Neo: The suit would run in the 3K region (in its most basic form) but I'll be adding a bunch of extra features to it :)

As far as extras go for this costume, I will be adding lights to the bomb gauntlet, lasers to the bio, and I'm already putting together an audio rig (that I can control with my mouth) to make some nifty Predator noises.
Scott's already started working on the bio, backpack, gauntlets and bone tropies. So more pics to follow as they are completed :)

good luck on the suit man! bet you're excited. Are you painting them yourself?

Awesome piece man, scott has the best p1 paint apps hands down

Looks like you stole it from the Stan Winston studios while they were filming.

Thanks everyone! As of right now, the Pred is flying from Canada to the USA. Hopefully he'll land in Boston sometime later today.
Not sure how long he'll take to clear customs, but I expect to have him in my possession early to mid next week :)

@ Collector_Neo: The suit would run in the 3K region (in its most basic form) but I'll be adding a bunch of extra features to it :)

As far as extras go for this costume, I will be adding lights to the bomb gauntlet, lasers to the bio, and I'm already putting together an audio rig (that I can control with my mouth) to make some nifty Predator noises.
Scott's already started working on the bio, backpack, gauntlets and bone tropies. So more pics to follow as they are completed :)

I hope you get it on time, Ralph. Wanna see how the final suit comes out with the addition of the extras you mentioned. The audio rig alongwith the animatronic mandibles is what I'm really looking forward to! All the best and keep the updates coming! :clap

Cheers,
Neo.

Thanks Neo, I'm super excited!

The suit's in the States but has been stuck in Chicago since last Friday... Ugh. When I call USPS, they can't give a more recent update and are essentially just telling me to be patient.

Hopefully the status'll update by the end of the day.

Pics needed with you wearing it, the people demand it.

@ Sleepalot: It'll definitely happen, my friend. As soon as I get the package!

Ugh, I'm really hating USPS as of right now. The status has been this for the past 40+ hours:

Priority Mail International Parcels
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
May 21, 2012, 4:35 pm
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

WTF? It was only 9 hours away when it was in Canada... Now it is 16 hours away and apparently hasn't moved at all since Monday... When I call USPS they say they can't do anything. So frustrating.

I received the mannequin to put everything on already though. I wish the suit would just come already!

UPDATE!!!!!

Pred is arriving today! WOOHOO! Just got a call from the post office :)

Last edited:

Just received it! My GOD! This thing is even more amazing in person! Pics and vids soon!

Did you get your costume from the same place that makes that amazing Wolf Costume. If I had 5k laying around for a costume, it would def be the Wolf costume they make. Its incredible.

Congrats on owning such an amazing piece, if I was rich, I would have one for every halloween, NO DOUBT! and well just to wear sometimes.

haha congrats man! Glad you got all your pieces and had no issues.

Thanks everyone! Would haven taken pics yesterday, but it was a pain in the @ss trying to get all of the bits on the mannequin (which turns out to be too big; so I'll need to sand it down and cut off some excess mannequin material).

Little to no issues, just a few snapped quills and a buckle that came undone, but they are all glued in place.

I did try on the torso and head, head is great as is. The torso will need some stuffing :p I'm tall (6'3") but I'm also pretty skinny, so I'll need to fill out some of the shoulder and arm area with some foam.

Will definitely be posting pics today. Video of it in daylight tomorrow :) Hopefully I'll have foamed it by then as well.

@ WolfPredatorAVPR: I believe that Scott does some work for the studio that makes the Wolf (Profyle Studios, if I'm not mistaken). Pete mander works for that same place, they make some awesome stuff!

Sorry that this took me a while, but here are some pictures of everything on my mannequin (sorry for my crappy flash photography):

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00013-1.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

I will be painting the mannequin's eyes and eye area to match the actual Predator's over the weekend. Definitely a tight fit, looks great in person!

And here's the video of the suit on my mannequin in sunlight:

[ame]https://youtu.be/-mkcDnicrdk[/ame]

No shots of me wearing it yet (believe me, I want to suit up so bad it's not even funny). But I really need to make an undersuit before it'll look good. Mainly the legs and arms need filling up, other than that, it's close to being ready!

A little bit longer and you'll see a Pred in motion :)

you are one....ugly.......mutha____a. :D LOOKS AWESOME MAN. Jealous! Show that baby off!

Glad you like it sir! I'm working on that undesuit but should have it done by this weekend :) I'll definitely suit up and make some movement videos then! :)

Hey guys!

Just had my fiirst suit up! Sorry that the video took a while! :) (And I'm not wearing the legs yet):

[ame]https://youtu.be/kBTEl2TTtrA[/ame]

Sorry for the crappy quality video, I really need an HD camera :p

I still need to fill out the arms, the biceps still crunch a little too much. Also, haven't begun filling/foaming the legs yet. They fit perfectly in terms of length, but I lack the ass to fill them out :p More videos soon!

You definitely do feel like the Pred when suited up, huge dream come true!

Back