1/6 Mustafar Anakin vs Obi-wan diorama! Feedback please.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a diorama I have been working on for a bit and I think I?m about done. Any feedback or opinions would help if need to improve on some stuff. Or any questions on it feel free to ask!

Edit: after some awesome feedback I reposted obi-wan. I?m not the greatest at posing so I will still be doing tweeks to obi wan still.

T3uDYRL.jpg

HKdIxOz.jpg

dAMk8zE.jpg

bDtRt0N.jpg

IUC8u5a.jpg

7d4A3JS.jpg

New pose!
YMJzXc4.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing job sir!

Edit. Maybe a little critique. Obi-Wan pose is a little stiff. Takes a little realism out.

Agreed, the diorama looks great, and Anakin's pose is very nice and natural, but Obi Wan looks a bit unnatural.
There's a coupe of moments of the duel over the lava river that stand out to me, when they're sizing each other up, on both Anakin is standing just like you have him, but Obi Wan has a two handed stance first, and after a short conversation, he also stands with the light saber in one hand, but slightly sideways.

Check out this video:

0:52 mark for the two handed stance, and 1:16 for the sideways stance.

The diorama itself looks great.

Do you have those lightsaber blades that are meant to capture motion? Putting them in more dynamic poses that indicate they?re swinging their sabers might look pretty cool. If you?re going for more relaxed poses though, I?d go with this for Anakin:

B01417DF-F22C-4D25-840D-E807A33A4FE4.jpeg

And a two-handed saber gripping pose for Obi-Wan that?s something along these lines:

3D1AAEBF-3442-401D-9543-7A113E6BFED2.jpeg

That diorama you have though with their sabers lit would look epic.

The diorama itself looks great.

Do you have those lightsaber blades that are meant to capture motion? Putting them in more dynamic poses that indicate they?re swinging their sabers might look pretty cool. If you?re going for more relaxed poses though, I?d go with this for Anakin:

View attachment 475273

And a two-handed saber gripping pose for Obi-Wan that?s something along these lines:

View attachment 475274

That diorama you have though with their sabers lit would look epic.

My new obi pose I just did is similar to that but still tweaking it as I?m not fully satisfied with it. Anakin I have on the pose that zooms into him the same that?s in the trailer. But I am liking that pose where he is turned to the side a bit so might change it.

Love it! The Anakin pose is perfect. Obi-Wan is pretty good but that Anakin pose just exudes his over-confidence in that battle! Great job!

Love it! The Anakin pose is perfect. Obi-Wan is pretty good but that Anakin pose just exudes his over-confidence in that battle! Great job!

Thank you! Obi wan is a hard one to pose. I don?t know what it is. Maybe it?s the blank stare the sculpt has. But I need to look at other peoples on the forum and see what they have done.

Much better look on Obi Wan!
Just futz a bit with the robes, especially the sleeves, to make them hang more naturally, and perhaps angle the head slightly to the side, like in the pic SS17 shared. Also, you might try raising the shoulders a bit.

Lights look a little too red. Can you soften them to a little more orangish? You're doing great with it, just some touches here and there and you've got it.

Hate the movie, don't much care about the figures, ****ing love the diorama. :clap

I agree with the sentiment above, a couple of CCFL lightsabers would make this even better.

Lights look a little too red. Can you soften them to a little more orangish? You're doing great with it, just some touches here and there and you've got it.

I know what you mean. I tried and it orange comes off as more green for some reason so this was the best option. Might switch out the top ones for another brand that has a more orangish tone

Hate the movie, don't much care about the figures, ****ing love the diorama. :clap

I agree with the sentiment above, a couple of CCFL lightsabers would make this even better.

Yea I have been looking for some people who sell the sabers. I will probably put the stock light up arms for now until I can find some for sale.

Much better look on Obi Wan!
Just futz a bit with the robes, especially the sleeves, to make them hang more naturally, and perhaps angle the head slightly to the side, like in the pic SS17 shared. Also, you might try raising the shoulders a bit.

I posed him before I had to go somewhere so didn?t get a chance to fix it fully. Granted I?m not great at posit like some of the awesome people on here but I will tweak it some more.

Back