Music Video I Directed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugby1970

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been on and off the boards recently. Things have been crazy busy but wanted to share a music video I directed. Another outlet for creativity and we had a blast making it.

LYRICS AND VIDEO NSFW

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlr_YZ5p_c"]Danielle Savre "Who Taught You How To..."[/ame]

The lyrics are a little NSFW but hoping mods don't mind.

Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well done sir! Love the lighting, editing, and camera shots! Looks very professional! I love the sequences as well. Must of done a lot of story boarding for that. I am making a music video for my school project as well... and I hope one day I can be that good. btw I am a film student. I know, it should be obvious after what I said.

So what did you use for a camera? I am assuming you used a Mac Book Pro with Final Cut Pro and After Effects... Maybe you even have the tower.

Musta been a real chore having to work with those ladies.

I don't know if that should be taken as sarcasm or serious.

1. It can be a thrill to shoot beautiful women.

2. I have done it, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass depending if they fail to follow your direction.

Sometimes even the glorious jobs that seem like a man's wet dream come true can be quite aggravating and stressful.

haha

Believe it or not they were all supercool to work with. The artist is one my best friends. 100% independent. We raised to money to make the video ourselves.

The dancers were all super nice, too. Everyone was grateful and a lot of people donated their time.

Very well done sir! Love the lighting, editing, and camera shots! Looks very professional! I love the sequences as well. Must of done a lot of story boarding for that. I am making a music video for my school project as well... and I hope one day I can be that good. btw I am a film student. I know, it should be obvious after what I said.

So what did you use for a camera? I am assuming you used a Mac Book Pro with Final Cut Pro and After Effects... Maybe you even have the tower.

Thanks!!

Yeah, lot's of storyboards. It was a great guide for us to follow...

We shot on an older RED which we got donated but I had to fork over money to get anamorphic lenses.

Got an software only avid donated and cut the thing at home.

A lot of leg work and a lot of favors!

Believe it or not they were all supercool to work with. The artist is one my best friends. 100% independent. We raised to money to make the video ourselves.

The dancers were all super nice, too. Everyone was grateful and a lot of people donated their time.

That is great! I shot a video with this one girl and she didn't follow instructions well. I just don't know if she has the mental capacity. lol

Sounds like I would have preferred to work with your girls, and btw my lady was hot like them, but from the sounds of it, not as focused as she could or should have been. We're shooting a rock video and you're dressed like one of the girl's from Clueless... I even showed her outfits I had in mine. lol

And my time at the set I was using was cut down, and my other camera man skipped out... it was a mess. But we still got it done. I have to edit it yet, but I may show you one day for critique and advice purposes. lol

Absolutely. Send anytime.

Yeah, luckily the artist and I planned the whole thing together so we were 100% on the same page once we got to set.

But yeah, nothing worse than people letting you done. That's why when you find a great crew you hang onto them for dear life!

Rugby, you did an awesome job on this. Congrats! I hope you do more. :clap

I hope you don't want any opinions about anything other than your direction though.

Rugby, you did an awesome job on this. Congrats! I hope you do more. :clap

I hope you don't want any opinions about anything other than your direction though.

Ha. Fair enough. Thanks for the compliment and support... yeah not everything will be to everyone's taste.

Hope to do a lot more in the future.

The RED is amazing. I hope to use it one day.That video was great man! Stunning cinematography. Love the lighting, the acting, the visuals.

Very professional. :D

Musta been a real chore having to work with those ladies.

I don't know if that should be taken as sarcasm or serious.

duhkh.jpg

Cool - I like her music too.

Just a guideline - something like this needs to be clearly labeled NSFW. I've edited the first post to show that.

Nice job. What's your day job? I run the branding, creative and video division for a large association and we have an in-house green screen inset studio, three JVC ProHD studio cameras plus a field camera and a couple of Canon 7Ds. We switched from FCP to Premiere a year ago and use After Effects for motion graphics. The designers are on CS6. We may eventually pick up a RED for some of our promo pieces. I love doing passion projects because the stuff that pays the bills can be creatively limiting. So I write novels and short films.

Cool - I like her music too.

Just a guideline - something like this needs to be clearly labeled NSFW. I've edited the first post to show that.

Thanks Dave! I was wondering if I did enough to set up the video.

Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the positive feedback too. Hope to do a lot more.

Back