Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios Iron Man Film Helmets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I received my Museum Replicas 60's shield I promptly cancelled my orders on the 40's shield and the mark III helmet.
I'm never gonna make the mistake of buying anything from those #%# hacks again.

The worst part is the mouth. The finish is really poor, but sandpaper from 1000 to 1500 or 200 could fix that. You might need to go with 600 or even 400 to start. It's hard to say. This you could do if it wasn't clear coated. If it was, you'd have to repaint it. afterwards. With enough work, the finish could look great, provided that it doesn't have dents that the rough finish is hiding. However, the shape of the mouth will never be right.

This piece looked cheap from the first product pics we saw.

That is true, however I held out a faint hope that they would fix any issues since there's been so much time between those initial shots till release. Guess they didn't care to listen to the complaints in the collectors' community.

anyone has any updates on this? It looks like the mark 3 helm has been delayed.

Possible that they are fixing some of the probs? :rolleyes:

My mark 2 just shipped and will be here on Monday,problem is I'm not too excited about it since the pictures that were posted elsewhere. Worst is that sideshow hasn't even updated the pics on there website. I guess they aren't too confident on how they look. Anyways will have some pics up when I get it.

My mark 2 just shipped and will be here on Monday,problem is I'm not too excited about it since the pictures that were posted elsewhere. Worst is that sideshow hasn't even updated the pics on there website. I guess they aren't too confident on how they look. Anyways will have some pics up when I get it.

thanks, keep us posted. I hope some improvements were made.
:monkey2

I'm hoping for the best for you! I called and cancelled mine :(

yep cancelled the mark 2. Still have the mark 3 on order though. hope they made improvements to that. :monkey2

well I just got an email for a delay on the mark 3, and it says 'till April or May. That's a long wait,but if the mark 2 looks really bad,it's going back and I'm canceling the mark 3. I really hope they get this right.

hey guys,well the mark 2 is here and i got to say i'm not sure about this piece,i't has a nice weight to it and it's all metal.It has some spots were it needs to be buffed,and i't's bigger than the IM bust.For some reason it came with a lot of grease,so in some of the pictures i didn't take it all off so you could see it.I wonder how they got this dimensions as they don't seem like the IM bust.I'm gonna try and give this a good buff and maybe that will bring more of a shinning to it,but i shouldn't be re-touching a $425 piece right:duhAnyways here are some pics...
2u3xflt.jpg
g[/I

this one is just for reference,but you can see how much bigger it is compered to the IM bust,and yet it's still not big enough to fit my 13 year lod son,g
2n16w6t.jpg
o figure.

Your pics make it look better than what I've seen online but I still have a feeling these will be bargain basement style within the next few months. The overall quality just isn't there. It was a big mistake for MR to decide last minute against the lenses with the lights in them.

Back