Museum Replicas Captain America Shields

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's talking about the original silver and gold comic versions...not the movie Mark 1. The movie museum replicas mark 2 and 3 are unfortunately not looking very good based on the prototype pics that have been out.

I think he's talking about the original silver and gold comic versions...not the movie Mark 1. The movie museum replicas mark 2 and 3 are unfortunately not looking very good based on the prototype pics that have been out.

Yeah, those are the ones I'm talking about. They just have that "vintage" look to them that I fell in love with.

Ah, I thought those were from the movie as well. :lol Too bad the II and III don't look good. I honestly haven't even seen it since there are no picture on Sideshow's website.

I have the Gold 1960s Iron Man Comic MR Piece. Love it. Worth every dime. Got it for $230 shipped. :rock

I got a shipping notice that the 1940's shield just shipped. Surprised no one else mentioned this. (Although I just may have missed it :eek: )

I haven't paid for mine yet through Razor's Edge...at least I don't think....:lol

I'm sure I'll be getting a PP invoice very soon

I got the 60's version just last week and I have to say I'm impressed...it's BIG.

DSC_1651.jpg

DSC_1658.jpg

DSC_1654.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

DSC_1655.jpg

The shield is huge, much bigger than I expected. My only complaint is the darkness of the blue, would have preferred it to be 'normal' color. I have to find a place to hang it and when I do it will be by itself without the backboard, which IMO looks cheap and out of place with the shield.

That blue does look really dark, almost black in the pics. I just got my e-mail to pay it off from Razor's Edge.
:woo

There was a comparison done on Statue Forum where I know the MR version received bad marks for display (The top of the crate really does limit where you can put this thing) but surpassed Factory X on everything else including accuracy.

There was a comparison done on Statue Forum where I know the MR version received bad marks for display (The top of the crate really does limit where you can put this thing) but surpassed Factory X on everything else including accuracy.

I've been banned for life from that place. What do you mean by the "top of the crate"?

BB

I'm glad I have seen these pics. This thing has way too many imperfections in the finish for the amount of money they charge. Now I don't feel deprived for not being able to afford one. For $400, I would like one made out of the same material that they make the U.S. Army Kevlar helmets out of, so that it is bulletproof.

Last edited:
I'm glad I have seen these pics. This thing has way too many imperfections in the finish for the amount of money they charge. Now I don't feel deprived for not being able to afford one. For $400, I would like one made out of the same material that they make the U.S. Army Kevlar helmets out of, so that it is bulletproof.

what's wrong with the 60's paint app?

Back