Premium Format Ms. Marvel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yeah I remember some people here hates flippers and will never be like them. I'm just saying in general. :rotfl to be real no one in their right mind would sell ms marvel for retail.

I think your a flipper if you sell it right after it comes out for a profit.
I dont think your wrong to expect a profit a year or two after you have had it.

I think you are a scalper if you buy with the specific intention of reselling later, particularly if it is right after and it is particularly degenerate to sell before it is even in hand. However, if you buy for yourself and you later want to sell because you change your mind about it, there is nothing wrong in selling for what it would cost you to replace it at that time, ie current market value. Inflation is something to consider, too.

I think you are a scalper if you buy with the specific intention of reselling later, particularly if it is right after and it is particularly degenerate to sell before it is even in hand. However, if you buy for yourself and you later want to sell because you change your mind about it, there is nothing wrong in selling for what it would cost you to replace it at that time, ie current market value. Inflation is something to consider, too.

and then there thos who buy in multiples, so they can keep one for themselves and fund future purchases too, they are the smart ones lol
basically they will have a collection without spending too much from their own pockets, but its feasible only for those living in US,
But now with open ES and HT becoming mass produced that has beome a big risk,
Not taking a dig at those kind of collectors, i think if i could I would do the same too, nothing like having a collection having spending not too much , lol

and then there thos who buy in multiples, so they can keep one for themselves and fund future purchases too, they are the smart ones lol
basically they will have a collection without spending too much from their own pockets, but its feasible only for those living in US,
But now with open ES and HT becoming mass produced that has beome a big risk,
Not taking a dig at those kind of collectors, i think if i could I would do the same too, nothing like having a collection having spending not too much , lol

Yeah the open ES is :monkey1

This debate can go on forever. But reselling is reselling. Flippers could buy and hold. They don't always flip right away. Im just saying. I don't care about it because we all do it one way or another. But anyways ms marvel is one of my favorite statues. I will not let her go without a fight. :wink1:

This debate can go on forever. But reselling is reselling. Flippers could buy and hold. They don't always flip right away. Im just saying. I don't care about it because we all do it one way or another. But anyways ms marvel is one of my favorite statues. I will not let her go without a fight. :wink1:

I agree, there are various types of flippers. someone also commented that a person who buys 2 to keep one/sell the other is smart, but this is also flipping IMO. he's preventing someone who would want to buy one at retail and keep it from getting one so he can profit off it...this is flipping to the core of the definition.

I agree, there are various types of flippers. someone also commented that a person who buys 2 to keep one/sell the other is smart, but this is also flipping IMO. he's preventing someone who would want to buy one at retail and keep it from getting one so he can profit off it...this is flipping to the core of the definition.

He is smart. Buy two Jokers EX and sell one for $700 = Free Joker EX

If I buy 2 and decide I don't want one and sell right away does that make me a bad flipper? How many months should a person wait before they are no longer on the BAD flipper most wanted list?:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If I buy 2 and decide I don't want one and sell right away does that make me a bad flipper? How many months should a person wait before they are no longer on the BAD flipper most wanted list?:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I don't think there is any amount of time for that...haha. To me, a flipper who buys a statue with the sole purpose of profiting is preventing someone else who really wants the statue from getting one at retail price. I see that as being a bit unjust. There is a reason SSC limits purchases to one per person. Sure, people just have their wives order one but that doesn't make it right. In any case, it can't be stopped so people will continue to do it no matter what. I will never do it though because it sucks to be on the losing end and I would never want to do that to a fellow collector who really wants a certain piece.

I don't think there is any amount of time for that...haha. To me, a flipper who buys a statue with the sole purpose of profiting is preventing someone else who really wants the statue from getting one at retail price. I see that as being a bit unjust. There is a reason SSC limits purchases to one per person. Sure, people just have their wives order one but that doesn't make it right. In any case, it can't be stopped so people will continue to do it no matter what. I will never do it though because it sucks to be on the losing end and I would never want to do that to a fellow collector who really wants a certain piece.

:goodpost: yep agree a flipper is a flipper. It can be 1 day or 20 years. Not saying it's bad, I mean it can be for profit, trade reasons, to cut down costs etc. But it is what it is.

agree. So any of you that do not want to be labeled a flipper I will buy the following at retail, Darth Talon EX, Mrs Marvel EX, Gambit Ex. :yess:

Wow let me know if anyone here out of so many users sell you any of this for retail price. :) they are all must owns. I bought ms marvel and talon both for 1600.00 4 months ago. So I wish you luck my friend. If someone sells you one of these at retail that would be so awsome. So they should be like 250.00 to 299.99. Lol hell I need a gambit for retail as well. Email me non flippers!

Back