Mr. Bean - Enterbay 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay Mr. Bean pix up

I hung out for an auction, rather than a BIN. Sometimes you can be lucky, like the guy that scored it for $100. Some of the reputable ebay stores sell them for a BIN then throw in an auction every now and again. I have to get mine from Hong Kong vendors, otherwise I would have gone direct but I wasn't sure. Then you people started posting pics and I succumbed.

I hung out for an auction, rather than a BIN. Sometimes you can be lucky, like the guy that scored it for $100. Some of the reputable ebay stores sell them for a BIN then throw in an auction every now and again. I have to get mine from Hong Kong vendors, otherwise I would have gone direct but I wasn't sure. Then you people started posting pics and I succumbed.

:)) I'll bet you cant wait to pose him in a silly pose next to the other serious looking figs!! He'll be the star of your display

I'm not sure he'll be the star. I have quite a few stars in my collection. I can see why some people choose to shun this figure. With my posing skills I can't go wrong. :lol I have a friend who isn't excited about any of my figures in the least, but she did show an interest when I told her I bought a Bean. Now, does anyone know where the hell you get a 1/6th scale toilet. :lol

Just finishing my Jack review, Bean should be soon.

Basebody1.jpg

Just finishing my Jack review, Bean should be soon.

Basebody1.jpg

Ha Ha, Johnny English!!

Side note.
Rowan had to cut short his roles as Fagin in Oliver in the West End to have an operation. If your reading this Mr Bean - Get well soon!!

look forward to the bean review wookster!

Got my Bean today and have just pulled it out of the box.

Already I have suggestions for a number of areas where Enterbay can improve. The negatives. First thing I checked was the eye movement and found the cavity isn't big enough, in that the stalks controlling the eye movement are severely restricted, resulting in the eyes only able to look across the horizon and below. The neck is one piece with the body and the head cannot be angled back either, so again it is across and down movement only. The heads sideways movement is firm, but the forwards only movement is loose and floppy. The wig doesn't have any magnets, so it easily falls off. The legs are restricted from bending very far back, from the hip joint. The shirt, at the neck and cuffs don't do up. The tie is attached via a plastic loop that feels like it will break if I try to remove it over the figures head. You have to remove the head to do it. The clothes are synthetic. The coat has a lining that is only incorporated up the sides and across the upper back. The box could have been smaller. It looks like Enterbay are going to use this size plain cardboard box for both figure and accessories. One box for the figure and the other for the accessories, which in this case, only fill half of one box. Making for a waste of space just like what Hot Toys do. With shipping calculated on size, in many places, this proves costly to the consumer.

The positives. The sculpt is fantastic and the paint is very natural, with subtle variations through the cheeks. The five o'clock shadow is very well done. The clothes look good because the material is so thin, and they are very well tailored and fitting. All joints on mine were tight. I like the fact that the body is a solid piece and not hollow.

The figure itself lies in a foam bed, wrapped in tissue paper. On mine the nose was poking through this paper, but I can't see where it would be possible for it to get a nose rub, due to the foam encasing it, rendering it immobile. I think it probably broke through when it was wrapped in the factory.

The box is very similar to the Enterbay Fists of Fury box. I'm wondering if they are going to make this the standard. All the earlier Bruce Lee's had very innovative and imaginative boxes, as well as the Jet Li. Looks like they are cutting down on that expense. I expect more from the body. It should at least be able to replicate the normal joes body movements. I don't expect a contortionists mobility, but the head and particularly the eyes on this figure need to be able to look up.

Is it worth $150? Probably not, but then I don't think Hot Toys figures are worth that either. Happy that I got it cheaper on an ebay auction.

k9741e.jpg

Last edited:

finaly finished my thug life mr bean bash got the head sculpt for 50 bucks and i used soldier story body , the blazer is enterbay and the rest is cheap stuff i found on my spair parts box . aw yeah thats BR JOKER hand

25h2vl5.jpg

ap75f7.jpg

Last edited:

He's got a great expression. I find it rather refreshing, and I think he displays well.

iegino.jpg

finaly finished my thug life mr bean bash got the head sculpt for 50 bucks and i used soldier story body , the blazer is enterbay and the rest is cheap stuff i got on my spair parts box . aw yeah thats BR JOKER hand

25h2vl5.jpg

ap75f7.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Great figure, I like that Mr Bean better than enterbay's original.

Ah Mr Bean. It looks like a decent 1/6 figure but to me those hands and neck are a little sub par. This is why I prefer the head and neck to be connected as one and rotate at the base of the neck, it hides the toy factor so much better.

I love these very realistic detailings of heads and skins from Hot Toys and Enterbay. Sideshow deserves to be bankrupt with these two companies around. SS should just hand over the Star Wars line to Hot Toys and fade away into the sunset or stick exclusively to Premium Format

Also Mr Bean's neck size on his shirt is gigantic. As decent as Enterbay is I still think they are a notch behind Hot Toys in tailoring.

Also Mr Bean's neck size on his shirt is gigantic. As decent as Enterbay is I still think they are a notch behind Hot Toys in tailoring.

The only enterbay on my figure is the head and the jacket the rest is cheap dragon clothes i paid 65 bucks for the head sculpt and the jacket and i gotta say enterbay is improving but your right HT is still the best :D

finaly finished my thug life mr bean bash got the head sculpt for 50 bucks and i used soldier story body , the blazer is enterbay and the rest is cheap stuff i found on my spair parts box . aw yeah thats BR JOKER hand

25h2vl5.jpg

ap75f7.jpg

The Replacement Killer :lol:lol:lol

Can't believe I'm saying this, but that's one of the best sculpts I've seen in 1:6.

At that price I'll never be making the 'Curse of Fatal Death' custom that immediately sprang to mind, but it's still a really nice piece.

. SS should just hand over the Star Wars line to Hot Toys and fade away into the sunset or stick exclusively to Premium Format

Thanks, no, I like being able to afford more than one or two 1:6 a year...:/
seriously, when companies like Hot Toys and Enterbay still generate complaints for quality, at those prices? They're really nice figures, but if I were to ever pay those prices for figures they should be *perfect*. There should be no need for futzing, bodyswapping or repainting on a $ 150+ figure.

Last edited:
Back