MP Megatron Illegal in Australia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter how many guns you have, you're still slaves. You have laws, by which you must abide. When you're having to abide you aren't free.

Coco the death by gun rate is low... But so is our population, I don't know the exact rates of "murder/death/kill" due to guns.

Now in response to all who response to my post... Australia does have gun you can own gun, use gun, all that stuff. But you have to be licensed, you have to have a lockable cabinet and follow a safety guideline... etc, etc.

Also weapons that are too powerful for suburban use or have too high a fire rate are illegal, eg: machine and semi-automatic guns were made illegal due to a Mass Murderer's killing spree in Port Arthur, TAS. Basically if he didn't have access to a semi automatic weapon, less people would have died. One man lost his family, his Wife and 2 girls... How heart breaking is that.

Just look at your (the USA's) Columbine & Virginia Tech shootings... If you guys had some gun tighter controls and didn't have access to automatic weapons the shooters would have been stop a lot sooner... Also slower reload and shot time equal fewer deaths...

I like the saying guns don't kill people, people kill people... And most people are too dumb to driver, let alone own guns. In Australia, The USA & most of the modern world. I've always thought the general public are too dumb to help themselves or selfish...

Food for thought is all I'm saying?

I helped a friend of mine in film school shoot a scene in a video store where the characters had taken everyone inside hostage. I think it was miracle someone didn't drive by and call the cops on us. People with guns running around screaming with masks on and such. :lol

Thanks for the info grangewallis. I was just curious is all. It sounds like the Australian government is at least trying to be balanced by letting people own guns but somewhat responsible by setting some guidelines and laws concerning how to obtain them, how to keep them and how powerful they can be.

We had a filming permit, but it wasn't through the police but the city administration. Guess they don't talk.

And this thread is about Megatron - and replica guns - not real ones. We'll need to lock it if it becomes too heated.

oh the dead horse has reared its head again. *sigh*

i love how citizens of other countries try and make the point they are more civilized because they highly restrict guns, more so than they USA. especially those that were populated by another country sending their criminals there as exile. :)

Thanks for the info grangewallis. I was just curious is all. It sounds like the Australian government is at least trying to be balanced by letting people own guns but somewhat responsible by setting some guidelines and laws concerning how to obtain them, how to keep them and how powerful they can be.

Basically that's it... You have to proof yourself to be smart and responsible enough to own such a dangerous item. Australia is general a safe sensible place to live. We value it and try to protect ourselves from ourselves.

oh the dead horse has reared its head again. *sigh*

i love how citizens of other countries try and make the point they are more civilized because they highly restrict guns, more so than they USA. especially those that were populated by another country sending their criminals there as exile. :)

I never said that we were more civilized; I just stated the differences in gun control... But I also love how citizens from other country bring up the Australian History regarding criminal colonies... It's funny how a Country that is a little over 200 yrs old has become one of the most developed and safest nations in the world. Also I might bring up the fact that for a nation of 21 Million we can find enough athletes to contend with Nations like China, Japan, India and the USA, all of whose populations swap us in numbers, at the past couple of Olympics Games and usually place 3rd or 4th ... Not bad for a whole bunch of crims in shackles...

thats the problem i have,its only being reported on transformer sites. something like that should have been reported from a news source

I'd prefer it just be left alone....let Megatron Live!!! and be left alone for us collectors to enjoy this beautiful figure!!

Also I might bring up the fact that for a nation of 21 Million we can find enough athletes to contend with Nations like China, Japan, India and the USA, all of whose populations swap us in numbers, at the past couple of Olympics Games and usually place 3rd or 4th ... Not bad for a whole bunch of crims in shackles...

Isn't it obvious. You guys are cheating. After all your country was founded by criminals.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I mean seriously, when was the last time the King or Queen of England tried to walk into your house??? By the way semi-automatic weapons are illegal down here also. You can get rifle etc but with a licence...
Theres so much that could be said in reply to this comment
Look at the oppressive states that restricted guns thru out history

Look at England with its rampet crime

there are over 100 million guns in the US
70 million gun owners yet drunk drivers kill more people than guns
should we ban cars?
As bad as most of the world thinks we US gun owners are think of the alternative
hell we cant keep our own boarders in order so do you think we could keep guns out
nope it would be open season on our citiznes

guns keep the government in line

people should not fear the government the government should fear the people

and lastly I seem to remember since your gun laws were enacted crime hasnt gone down in fact last I heard break in's and forceable entrys are up

see when the bad guys know there there victims arent armed than it makes it east're to commit the crime

Just look at your (the USA's) Columbine & Virginia Tech shootings... If you guys had some gun tighter controls and didn't have access to automatic weapons the shooters would have been stop a lot sooner... Also slower reload and shot time equal fewer deaths...

That is a load of BS

Columbine was a fluke
At VT the shooter had a 9mm and a 22 and Virginia is a right to carry state ....except at VT
if one of the other students had a gun that freak polly wouldnt have killed as many

Look I don't mean to step on toes... It just a difference in opinion. But Isn't it the people, not the gun that keep the Government in line though? The votes are supposed to keep the Government in line. I not going to say anything further. because I haven't been to the USA, can't wait actually. Will be over in 2 years apart of a worldround trip. But in Australia guns are concided to be a hazard and be licenced to the correct people...

I love it when Dave talks and no one listens...

Whats that sound? I think its keys jangling.. :dunno

Back