Moving and collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SvaNtaS

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Don't know if i put this in the right forum and don't know if this have ever been discussed in this forum.
But damn! Im about to move to a bigger apartment and right now i feel that it's quite a hazzle with all my collectibles and all my dvd special boxsets and etc.. Finding boxes and remembering how to pack and everything....
I believe this is why people sometimes quit collecting hehe. And i don't have really that big collection either.
6 life size predator bios, 2 statues, 1 life size alien egg and one queen facehugger, and a facehugger in a stasis, and some other stuff. But it's still not much compared to some of the guys here!

Very happy i've kept the boxes though, if i didn't have those i would probably curse even more!

I usually take care of my collectibles as the first thing.

You could also take them into a rental storage unit while the moving is going on. So that they are out of the way, and you can nice and quietly move them to your new place once you're settled or your display is ready. That way you also have something to look forward to.

Well don't need to rent extra storage, have about 20 days to move, got lucky with everything =) But still it takes a little extra!
Also will be having some new furniture coming in and much more display space then now =)

Just throw em all in garbage bag and put em in the back of the truck. What's the problem?

I bought a doom and ghost rider lsb and the seller just put both busts loose in an old cardboard box with the consistancy of a paper bag. No padding or anything. You can imagine the condition they arrived in coming to cali from F la. At least they wrote fragile on it. True story.

Bodie.

I bought a doom and ghost rider lsb and the seller just put both busts loose in an old cardboard box with the consistancy of a paper bag. No padding or anything. You can imagine the condition they arrived in coming to cali from F la. At least they wrote fragile on it. True story.

Bodie.

:lol

Wow....

I believe it though.

Bodie.

Nothing a little glue can't fix right ? :naughty

I finished moving last month, but I still haven't finished unpacking all my figures. Part of my collection is still in a garage. For many reasons, I still haven't found the time to finish up unpacking everything.

I am USAF and I live in Japan. I move this September back to the states. The AF has movers come and pack up everything for you and ship it to your next assignment, I have heard some horror stories of how fast and crappy they pack your stuff. I am definitely packing all my figures and collectibles myself to avoid any damage.

I am worried about the detolfs though. I have two of them and the original boxes but I don't really feel like disassembeling them with the lights already installed in them and everything so I think I will have the movers pack them up. If they break, I can always fill out a claim and then drive to the nearest Ikea from me and pick up some more!! I need a few more anyway.

I've got a move coming up and it's led me to decide to sell a ton of stuff. The idea of taking something from storage in one apartment just to put into storage in another apartment was too depressing for me.

Back