Movies that were awesome that you might not of heard of .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was fascinating and ceratinly the strangest thing I've ever seen, bar none. I had no idea what was happening until the closing credits, which in hindsight makes that opening scene even more of a jawdropper. I really liked the lack of a soundstrack with just the ambient noise, it makes it feel like you're watching some otherwordly home movie.

Yeah, when you know what the images you are seeing and meant to represent it makes the scenes even more shocking.

Have you ever seen Begotten? The movie is a total mind ^^^^. Like nothing I have ever seen. Its by E. Elias Merhige, if you ever get a chance watch it, believe me, you have never seen anything like it.

Bizarre, unsettling, grotesque.....just some of the words that come to mind when I think of it.

begotten.jpeg

damn i saw the clip on utube and i want it......:banana:banana:banana

If you make it through the whole thing, tell me what you think. I dont know anyone else who has watched it beside my wife. I would like to hear someone else opinion.

If you havent already, dont read anything about the film before you watch it. Going in not knowing what you are seeing and trying to interpret what you see for yourself is best, IMO.

I love Begotten! I first saw it at a midnight showing in L.A. back in '92 and other that LA goth kids no one has ever heard of it. I actually own the DVD but i don't have a burner or i would burn it for you. I found it at a video liquidator in Oxnard CA. (one of those holy crap whats this doing here moments) for 5 bucks. I love that the film was aged, bleached, scratched, and generally destroyed to give it that timeless feeling - like is this the begining of time or post apacalyptic? - of course your not wrong if you think begining of time since its supposed to be god who is gutting himself and giving birth to mother nature.

I was actually going to recomend this movie and you beat me to it so kudos to you good sir for know a true classic.:clap

I figured we needed a thread for horrors that maybe arn't too well known or are getting quite old and are worth a watch. If you know of any please post them up so others can get the chance to see em. Post up an image too if there really rare or old so we know what were looking for. :D QUOTE]

One of my favorites is a movie called Habit. Creepy low budget indie vampire horror film from 1997.

Really?

'Cause it's playing here and hubby and I were wondering what to make of it.
We'll go see it on your recommendation, though!

Really. :rock Lloyd Kaufman is a frickin' genius and is far too under-appreciated for a man of his talents.

That said, his in-you-face style isn't for everyone. You'll either love it or hate it. There is no in-between. Let me know how you like it!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

That would be freakin awesome Occ!!!! Lets me know if you can!!!

just got this back.
girl I lent it to couldnt watch it. Nor could her husband.
First scene freaked them out too much :lol :rock

let me see if I can make a copy.... I'll let you know....

Most f'n up movie I ever saw was ''Aftermath'' a short movie by some Italian dude I think..It was screening at Montreal's fantasia movie festival...The guy is making autopsy and you see everything then at the end of the movie, he ^^^^ the fleshless remain of a dead girl.People were leaving the cinema after not even half the movie..and those were hardcore horror fans..very disturbing.

Most f'n up movie I ever saw was ''Aftermath'' a short movie by some Italian dude I think..It was screening at Montreal's fantasia movie festival...The guy is making autopsy and you see everything then at the end of the movie, he ^^^^ the fleshless remain of a dead girl.People were leaving the cinema after not even half the movie..and those were hardcore horror fans..very disturbing.

i hear of that movie but have not seen it yet.......

"WITHOUT WARNING"/ aka "IT CAME WITHOUT WARNING"

1980: Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Tarah Nutter, David Caruso, Cameron Mitchell, and Kevin Peter Hall. This film was a tight budget horror/science fiction picture. Well received and "urban legend" about it being that 20th century Fox bought the film and shelved it. Then 7 years later came out with "Predator" as the films are remarkable similar in the "hunter from space" elements of the story. the film rocks.:banana

I'll have to look for it. The cast alone makes it sound good to me. All that's missing from it is John Saxon and a creepy Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack. :)

Jeff

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Its so good it has an episode of Supernatural named after it!

51XF9ZFWVML._SS500_.jpg

I saw this movie at a drive-in when it came out. I think I was 7 or 8. I'm sure now it would look campy, but this is the only movie that I can think of that really scared the h*ll out of me. My mom took me to see it. I was offered the chance to go see Bedknobs and Broomsticks or this, and I chose this.:) I was so scared at the ending and cried and begged my mom to take me to the other movie. :) Funnily enough, I didn't have a nightmare about it, and honestly can't recall much about it other than being scared at the ending. I saw The Exorcist during the limited re-release a few years later, and it didn't bother me at all. I even asked for the book after I saw it. ;)

Jeff

Back