Movies that were awesome that you might not of heard of .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if there is anyone here who owns a dvd copy and is willing to burn me one I will be forever gratefull! I dont want to pay what this is going for these days. It is pretty rare and sells for a lot.

I have this on DVD.
Luckily ordered it for retail before it disappeared.
actually just lent it out to a coworker couple days ago.

When I get it back, I'll see if I can burn you a copy.... :monkey1

I don't know how to post images, so I'll just give titles.

The movie that came out of nowhere and bit me in the arse about 7 years ago or so was BLACK CHRISTMAS by Bob Clark. BLACK CHRISTMAS was obviously extremely influential to HALLOWEEN, as it was the first movie that I can remember to do the killer POV shots. Forget the remake, go with the original on this one.

Another to check out (more action really) is ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 by Carpenter. This was his first movie after college and opened the door for everything to come. As with before, skip the remake...

I thought Darkness was a pretty good movie, as well as Night Watch and Anatomy.

Darkness:
DarknessDVD.jpg

Night Watch:
267802.jpg

Anatomy:
(can't find a picture of a cover for it, sorry)

Night Watch and Day Watch both rock!! Too bad the 3rd of the trilogy is being made in english. :(

Also try Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie. That is one hilarious film.

Not totally 100% but brilliant nonetheless:

POULTRYGEIST.jpg

If this plays in your town, see it. Hell, even if it doesn't play in your town, travel to see it. You won't be disappointed.

My mom took me to see Cat's Eye, Dungeounmaster and Romancing the Stone in 1985 as part of a three film matinee. I was 8.

Its been a while since I have seen them so I'm not sure if they really hold up but I always liked "Motel Hell" and "The Brood."

Have you ever seen Begotten? The movie is a total mind ^^^^. Like nothing I have ever seen. Its by E. Elias Merhige, if you ever get a chance watch it, believe me, you have never seen anything like it.

Bizarre, unsettling, grotesque.....just some of the words that come to mind when I think of it.

begotten.jpeg

I remember watching the trailer for this on The Shadow of the Vampire dvd. I was like, wtf did I just see. Apparently Nicholas Cage really liked it.

My favorite movie of all time is an amazing french movie not well known to north americans...its like an Ultra violent comic book , ugly and sexy at the same time...you wouldnt see a film like that from the states.Check the casting...:rock

Doberman
Oh man, I saw this movie in Mexico years ago!! Haven't found it available for rent in the US, it was awesome as far as I can remember.

How about this one:

affiche-Santa-sangre-1989-1.jpg

or this crazy exploitation one:

243001.jpg

"WITHOUT WARNING"/ aka "IT CAME WITHOUT WARNING"

1980: Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Tarah Nutter, David Caruso, Cameron Mitchell, and Kevin Peter Hall. This film was a tight budget horror/science fiction picture. Well received and "urban legend" about it being that 20th century Fox bought the film and shelved it. Then 7 years later came out with "Predator" as the films are remarkable similar in the "hunter from space" elements of the story. the film rocks.:banana

And the Predator and the Without Warning alien are both played by the same actor!! If anyone has Without Warning on dvd I'd love if you could copy it for me.
Oh, and Children shouldn't Play With Dead Things ROCKS!!!!

I have this on DVD.
Luckily ordered it for retail before it disappeared.
actually just lent it out to a coworker couple days ago.

When I get it back, I'll see if I can burn you a copy.... :monkey1

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

That would be freakin awesome Occ!!!! Lets me know if you can!!!

Sleepaway-Camp-movie-poster.jpg

LOVE this movie!!! Twist ending gold! M Night Shalamalamadingdong ain't got ^^^^ on this movie!

If you make it through the whole thing, tell me what you think. I dont know anyone else who has watched it beside my wife. I would like to hear someone else opinion.

If you havent already, dont read anything about the film before you watch it. Going in not knowing what you are seeing and trying to interpret what you see for yourself is best, IMO.

I thought it was fascinating and ceratinly the strangest thing I've ever seen, bar none. I had no idea what was happening until the closing credits, which in hindsight makes that opening scene even more of a jawdropper. I really liked the lack of a soundstrack with just the ambient noise, it makes it feel like you're watching some otherwordly home movie.

It was one hell of a palette cleanser before seeing Hulk tomorrow, I'll tell you that.

Back