Movies that are part of your DNA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure any of these profoundly impacted me in anyway but they were a huge part of my childhood growing up:

Indiana Jones Trilogy
BTTF Trilogy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Star Wars OT

I am not sure any of these profoundly impacted me in anyway but they were a huge part of my childhood growing up:

Agreed

Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, whether it be watching the movies, playing with toys, hitting other kids with the metal lunchbox.

Lord of the Rings - as much as a movie could "impact me" as far as being an adult goes it would be these films. It got me into this hobby, this board and because of it still consumes more time that it should.

I watched both trilogy's numerous times and can still sit down and watch them and not be bored.

Back to the Future pretty much covers it for me. There are many other movies which I have been huge fans of and have influenced me; but none so much as this one.

Jaws
Sholay
Alien and Aliens
Seven Samurai
Brazil
Man with no Name trilogy
Star Trek 1-4, 6
Evil Dead 2

Like others have commented, not necessarily part of my DNA, but definitely influenced a lot of who I am today.

I do find myself quoting lines from Aliens all the time though.

Good thread.
There is only one saga that has really affected me as a person and truly become a huge part of me,and that's Rocky.

I also feel like mentioning a Tv series that i absolutely love and is really my type of humour which is "The King of Queens" with Kevin James.

There are plenty of Movies,characters and tv shows i really love and has really influenced me but Rocky and the King of queens are the only two that has become a huge part of me.

Just watched it again yesterday.. Gotcha! starring Anthony Edwards..

Strange Brew, Raiders of the lost ark, revenge of the nerds, The goonies, big trouble in little china..

Star wars too of course.

Born and raised on those.

Good thread.
There is only one saga that has really affected me as a person and truly become a huge part of me,and that's Rocky.

I also feel like mentioning a Tv series that i absolutely love and is really my type of humour which is "The King of Queens" with Kevin James.

There are plenty of Movies,characters and tv shows i really love and has really influenced me but Rocky and the King of queens are the only two that has become a huge part of me.

Just saw this after I posted. You and me are blood brothers. We share the same DNA. And for the record, King of Queens is awesome.

For me, Al Pacino movies. I grew up on them.

I have had a potty mouth ever since 9 years old after watching Scareface.

For a series it would be Roseanne. I watched that show everyday after elementary school. Also the Sopranos.

Jaws, I still can't swim in even a pool without thinking about it.

Poltergeist 2, to this day I'm scared to look in to a mirror when I'm home alone.

There are a long list of films that have impacted me in ways. Lord of the Rings are three movies with a lot of things I take from them that mean a lot to me.

I'd have to say Lord of the Rings as well. Maybe I'll be saying The Hobbit as well next year. :)

Not even Legend?

No, I love it and can watch any time and still get a great deal of enjoyment, but I wouldn't say it has profoundly impacted me. Its just a movie, I can't say my life would be any different if I had never seen it.

I just can't equate watching a movie to something like the death of my Dad. That is a life changing event with profound impact, not a watching a movie.

That's just me though, I guess I can see how a movie could impact someone and change their life, views of the world or something equally meaningful.

But I think most people in this thread and just listing movies they really like. Or they dont know the meaning of profound :dunno

Just saw this after I posted. You and me are blood brothers. We share the same DNA. And for the record, King of Queens is awesome.

Rocky for life man,a shame that HT haven't bothered with either Rocky or Rambo for a long long time now.

Last edited:
Jurassic Park movies, Rocky movies, Rambo movies, Terminator movies, Predator movies, Alien movies, Pirates of the Caribbean movies, original Spiderman Trilogy, Back to the Future and the Nolan Batman movies are all in my DNA, I guess.

TV show wise, I guess Friends and now the Big Bang Theory. D'Oh, and The Simpsons.

This thread would be better if people listed why these movies/shows are in their DNA. I'd love to know how Friends or Big Bang Theory have affected your life. Did you get a job as a barista because of Friends? Did you choose physics as your major because of BBT.

Back