Movie grosses are down from last year (tho think Thor/JL/SW will save the BO)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate going to the theatre - people bringing infants who should be in bed by 7:00 PM to a 9:00 PM screening and having to listen to them cry, guys farting in the back row, the damn Cinedigm logo that could make your ears bleed, and a projector being operated by fools who'd rather watch hair gel ads over and over again instead of actually starting the film on time. Add all of those things together, and I sometimes wonder what the point is in going.

I only go to the theatre to see something truly great. This year has only had about two great films worth going to a theatre to see thus far, IMHO.

Yeah the constant digging to the bottom of a candy bag or popcorn bucket, loud popcorn crunchers, and the ones who desperately try to violently slurp the last little bit of soda through their straw drive me insane

The people who try to be discrete by sloowwwwly fishing for candy in their crinkly bags are the worst. That does not make it less noisy you moron it only prolongs the noise. Just grab your ****ing Twizzler and be done with it, lol.

The people who try to be discrete by sloowwwwly fishing for candy in their crinkly bags are the worst. That does not make it less noisy you moron it only prolongs the noise. Just grab your ****ing Twizzler and be done with it, lol.

Oh my god. I had a lady that was eating sour skittles by me and she just pinched each piece out, taking 10 seconds to get each piece. I missed the entire 1/3 of the movie. Didn't help that I was watching a quiet movie.

They won't spend money for upkeep, rather let the poor conditions steer others to their premium theater. While the $5 theater will only attract those who couldn't afford a movie anywhere else.

AMC did buy a Carmike about 25 minutes away, and that theater is very rundown, you couldn't pay me to see a movie there. Meanwhile the Carmike they could not buy features plush seating, reserved seats, it's just not as polished and the seats don't recline, which I don't care about. Within 30 minutes, I have many theater choices, the Carmike that AMC did purchase, doesn't even have stadium seating. There has been talk that theater might close its doors.

The Cinemark close to me is pretty good for a small theater. Trouble is, there's nothing around it but fast food places and a Walmart. AMC is surrounded by restaurants and stores. I just think if they wanted more people to come, they'd put some money into it to bring more people in. Also, have incentives and give people a reason to go.

It's also fun when people experiencing debilitating coughs decide that purchasing a ticket to a two and a half hour film is much more beneficial than a trip to the local pharmacy.

I hate going to the theatre - people bringing infants who should be in bed by 7:00 PM to a 9:00 PM screening and having to listen to them cry, guys farting in the back row, the damn Cinedigm logo that could make your ears bleed, and a projector being operated by fools who'd rather watch hair gel ads over and over again instead of actually starting the film on time. Add all of those things together, and I sometimes wonder what the point is in going.

I only go to the theatre to see something truly great. This year has only had about two great films worth going to a theatre to see thus far, IMHO.

Or the person nearby that laughs at everything STUPID and decides to talk through the movie as if they are in their own living room.

Everyone is blaming teenagers and millenials for the recent bad box office, all these articles talking about the reasons why millenials arent coming.

But what about the older people? What about everyone else? What about the families that used to go see movies? ( kids, grandpa, mom and dad, uncles and aunts) you dont even see older people at the theaters

Why arent those articles talking about this? Since when did theaters become exclusive for youngins

Oh my god. I had a lady that was eating sour skittles by me and she just pinched each piece out, taking 10 seconds to get each piece. I missed the entire 1/3 of the movie. Didn't help that I was watching a quiet movie.

That reminded me of the trauma of this woman and her daughter and their yogurt cups. Both of them would slurp this tiny bit off their spoons and it was so loud and went on and on. Never saw anything like it, it was like listening to a couple of aardvarks going to town in a termite mound. Then they would whisper whisper and spoon suck some more. I finally had to move. Maybe I should have offered to buy them a case of the stuff so they didn't have to work to make it last.

That reminded me of the trauma of this woman and her daughter and their yogurt cups. Both of them would slurp this tiny bit off their spoons and it was so loud and went on and on. Never saw anything like it, it was like listening to a couple of aardvarks going to town in a termite mound. Then they would whisper whisper and spoon suck some more.

I'm guessing you weren't watching this movie then?

That reminded me of the trauma of this woman and her daughter and their yogurt cups. Both of them would slurp this tiny bit off their spoons and it was so loud and went on and on. Never saw anything like it, it was like listening to a couple of aardvarks going to town in a termite mound. Then they would whisper whisper and spoon suck some more. I finally had to move. Maybe I should have offered to buy them a case of the stuff so they didn't have to work to make it last.

I would lose my mind in that situation. Disgusting

It is all about convenience and confort.

Movie theaters are not the only ones that are hurting.
Night clubs and bars are seeing declines in attendance. Seems like all outside nighttime entertainment is having trouble

I'm guessing you weren't watching this movie then?

OMG!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This whole thread tho has some good tips:cool:. Like getting tickets for early/midnight shows so I can watch w. the rest of the geeks vs. the unwashed masses. And just in case, pick up some stale Jujubes and malted milk balls from concessions so I can target anyone who can't shut up during Infinity War #1.

Am tolerant during IW 1 tho of: 1) outbursts of mindless ecstatic emotion and applause; 2) fangirl/boy hyperventilating (as long as they breathe into their coat or something); 3) quiet sobbing if your favorite character ends up being fast-tracked to an upper level dimension (temporarily until contract renewal:monkey3) where they wear a lot of white and play small harps and everyone gets wings and doesn't wear shoes. (Or if Cap and Bucky are separated again and/or if the Hulk has that sad bewildered look on his face again re Ultron and/or if Vision sacrifices himself to protect Wanda).

Violaters of these parameters will get slapped in the head with my special edition overpriced souvenir popcorn bucket. :thwak

OMG!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This whole thread tho has some good tips:cool:. Like getting tickets for early/midnight shows so I can watch w. the rest of the geeks vs. the unwashed masses. And just in case, pick up some stale Jujubes and malted milk balls from concessions so I can target anyone who can't shut up during Infinity War #1.

Am tolerant during IW 1 tho of: 1) outbursts of mindless ecstatic emotion and applause; 2) fangirl/boy hyperventilating (as long as they breathe into their coat or something); 3) quiet sobbing if your favorite character ends up being fast-tracked to an upper level dimension (temporarily until contract renewal:monkey3) where they wear a lot of white and play small harps and everyone gets wings and doesn't wear shoes. (Or if Cap and Bucky are separated again and/or if the Hulk has that sad bewildered look on his face again re Ultron and/or if Vision sacrifices himself to protect Wanda).

Violaters of these parameters will get slapped in the head with my special edition overpriced souvenir popcorn bucket. :thwak

Sound advice.

I would lose my mind in that situation. Disgusting

It srsly was. Even weirder, except when whispering, the both of them were slurping and just STARING at the screen, I swear it was like they'd never seen a movie before. OK, it was IMAX, but it wasn't like IMAX was something new. It was like that scene of Bor Gullet in Rogue One and these slurpy relentless tentacle-tongues were just gonna come for me when that yogurt ran out...

So I moved. But yah know, to this day at a theater I start tensing up when anyone comes in with a small cup of Dippin' Dots or whatever. I make d@mn sure they don't end up anywhere near me.

It srsly was. Even weirder, except when whispering, the both of them were slurping and just STARING at the screen, I swear it was like they'd never seen a movie before. OK, it was IMAX, but it wasn't like IMAX was something new. It was like that scene of Bor Gullet in Rogue One and these slurpy relentless tentacle-tongues were just gonna come for me when that yogurt ran out...

So I moved. But yah know, to this day at a theater I start tensing up when anyone comes in with a small cup of Dippin' Dots or whatever. I make d@mn sure they don't end up anywhere near me.

I would have just imitate them lol :lol

I might have imitated annoying people before. Sometimes it works

Back