MOVIE figures ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trooperprop

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any high quallitiy movie figures of Rise of COBRA.
Love the movie and the design of it. So I was hoping to find some good customs.

Greetings from the NEtherlands,

BAsD

Hi,

BAsD

Welcome, but you have inadvertantly opened up a can of worms. You'll find around these parts that most people would not associate "high quality" with "Rise of Cobra".

well most of them would say that about starship troopers and that does not affect my love for that either. ;-P

Sorry man, you won't find much love for ROC. But welcome to the board. :wave

edit: We can't say C A C A? WTF?!?!?!?! Thanks King. :duff

Hi,

BAsD

Before it happens...don't let the haters get to you. You WILL be flamed for liking ROC.

I am OK with it as well and I wish there were high end figures for it, but there are not.

Eh. Not everyone likes the same things. I'm not going to flame someone for their opinion. As long as they are a 1/6 collector and not one of those DB polystone collectors.:lol:lol:lol

Just kidding, polystone collectors.:hi5:

MUST. GET. THIS.OUT. OF.SYSTEM.

Rise of Cobra was a bad movie Based on what it was Intended to be.
you can both like and enjoy a bad movie. a bad movie can still be entertaining. A Bad movie can make ALOT of money. This, however does not make it NOT a bad movie.

ROC crapped all over The joe mythos, then left it there, poo covered, in an alley way the way a homeless person might.

it's as if they took a Military action/spy movie, and simply Re-named all the characters with names from G.I. Joe. ( my opinion, is this is EXACTLY what was done).

it was a pretty good action movie.

It was a halfway decent and mildly entertaining Fantasy Military/spy movie.

it was a horrible G.I. Joe movie.

Now that that is out of the way, the problem with High end collectibles, is that they are generally marketed at the older crowd.
the older crowd who care about G.I. Joe are fans of the Comics, and Cartoons. These people, for the most part feel, at best, as i do ( see above) about ROC. Many of them have far stronger, negative opinions. In my experience, A very small amount like it. This means that there is not a large enough market to Warrant doing many High-end collectibles of characters from that film.

There WAS a SDCC 1/6th Baroness done last year.
That's about it.

All is not lost, however. With a little work, and some body swaps, and in some cases, uniform, outfit re-working, you can custom make yourself a Very nice set. many people have used the head from destro to do some incredible figures. take a look around, and get creative is my best advice to you.

and welcome to the boards. your wallet should now be running screaming for the nearest church screaming "SANCTUARY!" now.

I liked ROC. But I thought there were a million things they could have done differently. I thought they did a great job with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and the Baroness. Other than that everyone else was a miss.

ROC is the GI Joe equivalent of Schumacher's Batman & Robin. Retarded, dismissable, but kind of fun in spite of itself. If Hot Toys made Snake Eyes or the Baroness I'd probably buy them.

Starship Troopers the novel. Damn what a bad ass movie that would have been.

Just think of the mechs from the book. You're welcome James Cameron. :pfft:

ROC is the GI Joe equivalent of Schumacher's Batman & Robin. Retarded, dismissable, but kind of fun in spite of itself. If Hot Toys made Snake Eyes or the Baroness I'd probably buy them.

We can say retarded but not ca ca? And I do agree with you Khev.

ROC was an AWFUL GI Joe movie...

If they named it anything else, and gave the characters other names I would have enjoyed watching it for two hours... thats it. It disappointed the hell out of me. It's the farthest thing from ARAH... and it is very sad... In my humble opinion ARAH has the most potential of any comic/toy property created within the last 30 years to tell a great story.

I would love for the next movie to be based on ARAH and NOT be a childrens movie... Make it dark..make it gritty.. Make Cobra Commander seem like a potentially devastating foe that is a real force to be feared.

Back