Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the size of it, i think it's pretty good. Not like you can really see fine details when something is 6 inches tall...

mine hasn't arrived yet and my wife is back home with the kids naping so she should be able to sign for it and i'll get it today.

still can't wait. hopefully i end up with great paint apps but i guess i'll find out soon enough

Ok, it just arrived.

I'm at the office, so unfortunately no photos from me yet. But just review Nash's fantastic photos for reference. That's exactly how mine looks.

Strangely enough, the piece is actually "bigger" than what I expected. I'm assuming that it's close to 1/6th scale and probably closer to 1/6th than the 1/6th figures released.

My eyes were automatically drawn to Sam's face and while the sculpt is fantastic, the paint apps have him looking almost like he's grinning. I'm not quite sensing the exhaustion and determination portrayed during that scene. Skin tone seems off to me, as well.

Sculpt is fantastic. I do like the detail painting found throughout, such as the stripes on Frodo's shirt and on Sting and it's scabbard.

I'll take a closer look at it in better lighting, when I get home, and give it another fair review. First impression was one of "OK" but not a "Whoa!" that I was kind of hoping for.

I'm pretty pleased with mine. Sam doesn't look angry to me, just grimly determined (and struggling under the weight of Frodo and the Ring). Here are a few photos of mine (#198):

doom1.jpg

doom2.jpg

doom3.jpg

doom4.jpg

Now there is nothing wrong with RoboDad's pics, where as the previous ones seemed a bit washed out.
Got my Fedex notice for this and hope it looks just likes Robo's.

Hi all,

Just recieved my Sam & Frodo, it's a nice piece, unfortunately mine came with some paint bubbles on sam's right leg which flaked off, not sure wether to keep it and fix myself, or return.

samfrodo1.jpg

This came out looking good, congrats everyone!

Sorry to hear about the paint issue Viper. If it was me I wouldn't send it back unless it's really noticeable. If I couldn't see anything while it's on display then I wouldn't worry about it. That's just me though and it's totally up to you of course. Good luck to you. :)

mine looks fantastic as a first impression. had a real busy night last night so i'll have to look it over for paint bubbles and stuff later but i'm pleased so far

He's here....He's here......he's just arrived.
Samwise is here...:blissy
My dio is here....:blissy

I need to open it......:blissy :blissy

I need to open, open open...........:blissy.....I need to breathe :blissy

Thanks for all the piccies so far peeps, he looks awesome :rock
x :peace

He's here....He's here......he's just arrived.
Samwise is here...:blissy
My dio is here....:blissy

I need to open it......:blissy :blissy

I need to open, open open...........:blissy.....I need to breathe :blissy

Thanks for all the piccies so far peeps, he looks awesome :rock
x :peace

Congrats mate, hope you enjoy it :rock Oh and PM sent :)

Great little dio. It will be just perfect to be displayed on a writing desk or next to the PC or on a bookshelf.

Unfortunately, I have to pass this dio due to too many items shipping last month, this month and next month.

Back